Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE motor into VX ?

nevj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Acclaim
Does anyone have enough knowledge on the new VE to know if its 3.6L motor would fit into a VX? If not, what would need to be modified eg. mechanical, electronically etc? Or is it just not possible in regard to space or positioning. What would one of these motors be worth off the shelf (ballpark figure). Would modifications be too expensive. Any advice is appreciated.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
it should go in considering the vz is based on the vt/x/y/z platform and it has the alloytec.
not sure what would have to be modified though.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
bugger going to all that trouble for an alloytec...if you were going to transplant anything into a vx it should be an LS7, lol...noice!
yeah i know, im being stupid.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah man:) confucius foam says
When thou are transplanting engines thou shall putef the biggeth one possible!:p

nevj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Acclaim
Thanks for the feedback. I put this question out there for my Dad, always dreamin' at the drawing board. Efficiency is a major issue for my Dad, however, as he is on a pension. Any more info on this subject?

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
Thanks for the feedback. I put this question out there for my Dad, always dreamin' at the drawing board. Efficiency is a major issue for my Dad, however, as he is on a pension. Any more info on this subject?

Pick up a SC mag as Ben is doing that to project XXX. He is dropping a Alloytec into his VP.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Pick up a SC mag as Ben is doing that to project XXX. He is dropping a Alloytec into his VP.

Yes I have heard of that, love to see how that goes:thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec

Tho shalt hit up John Howard for some LPG on the biggest motor you can putef! :p, serious it's the only way, otherwise you might as well keep the motor that's in it