Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SSV Redline Sedan Owner (In a few weeks...)

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
image44507_b.jpg

not so fancy when its not the limited edition xr6 with leather and all.

surprising how similar they look

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Mate I've owned three VEs. The FG is streets ahead in fit, finish and quality.

My uncle has owned a few FG's and they have all fallen apart interior wise, so whats your bloody point??? I know at least 8 people with VE's and the interiors are still in one piece. Your opinion is NOT FACT. I love the FG XR6 Turbo but your obsession with this car is more then obvious on these forums.

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
English please? I'm not obsessed. Just letting you know how it is. Fact is none of my VEs were as good as my FG.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
English please? I'm not obsessed. Just letting you know how it is. Fact is none of my VEs were as good as my FG.

Why do you feel the need to go on the defensive everytime someone says some about holdens is better than something about fords?

He isnt attacking ford owners, he is merely stating his opinion, just because you dont agree with it doesnt make him wrong.

YOUR ford might be better than the VEs YOU have owned, (which you seem to bring up at any chance) doesnt mean someone else cant find something else is better than ford.

this is a commodore forum, the majority of people are in here because they drive a holden and love it, so deal with it, or go hang out on a ford forum

Jode

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Hey Guys,

So last year I made a massive error of judgment and bought a 2010 WRX. After only 4 months in the car I hate it, really should have pondered more on that one. About 2 weeks ago I find out I've got a bit of cash coming my way, so I've been test driving a few cars. I've tested a VE SSV Redline, EVO 10 MR, Golf GTI, Golf R & XR6 turbo. All very different cars I know, but each of them ticked the boxes & interested me for different reasons.

I really was surprised by the build quality of the VW stuff, had anticipated a much higher standard than what is actual reality. The GTI & R were "nice" to drive but by no means were exiting. And by no means do I think they are worth waiting 7-10 months for.

The EVO was pretty much the same story as the WRX I found. A more quality feel than the Subaru inside, but not luxurious by any stretch.

The XR6T, not bad, but not great. SSV interior kills the ford, and looks way better.

The best way I can describe my 1st SSV test drive is the same feeling as getting your Ps and driving for the 1st time by yourself. Just potting around town it didnt feel like I was driving a massive car. I wanted to buy a car I'd be exited to drive every day and I've definitely found that in the SSV. At the end of the day, for the sheer thrill I've decided I will be ordering an SSV in the coming weeks.

Will be going for White or Red sedan, in 2 minds about track stripes, will be getting some 20" rims, lowering a little maybe up to an inch and a half, darkest legal window tint, catback exhaust. Maybe some more mods later on but leaving it pretty stock for now.

Also a question: How do you guys find the stock stereo? Volume isn't my main concern, and I don't listen to doof doof. I'm more concerned with clarity and a good level of control with the eq.

Really can't wait to have it in my driveway, will post some pics when I have it!

I certainly would not buy a Redline then change everything. The point of Redline Range is to satisfy the people who don't want to change everything. Go with the standard SS not even the standard SSV if you are going to replace wheels and tyres. The Blaupunkt system is excellent sound for a standard system. Those criticising here, especially driving older cars with after market stuff are really just complaining for the hell of it. Not until you have owned a top of the range NEW car can you really complain about it's features but please don't compare VZs etc. They are a 15 year old design dating back to the VT designers in the mid 90s releasing a 97/98 car. I have three Commodores all owned since new, 2000 VT Exec, 2002 VXII Supercharged and 2008 SSV. All different cars, all perfect for what they were designed to do. My favorite is actually the Supercharged S. It's like owning a sportscar for the weekend, easy to drive and steer and not complicated like my daily SSV. Buy the SS.

deano77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 60-th Anniversary
I'm interested in Fords as much as I'm interested in growth of agriculture in Tajikistan...