Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SSV Redline Sedan Owner (In a few weeks...)

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
LOLOL... its a holden/commodore website.....if you want people who love fords go to a ford website.

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
I love Fords. The F40, the Eleanor Mustang (spelling?) and my GAS, the original 1940 V8 sedan.

As for which model to choose. Dont let us help you to decide. We all come from different backgrounds and have different motivations for owning, caring for, and loving or unloving our commodores. All that is important is you are considering buying a commodore and contributing your thoughts to future threads on this forum.

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
What drugs are you smoking? That is one of the most inaccurate statements I've ever seen on this forum!

Not only is the opposite of your statement true, the XR6T also trumps the SSV in performance in every way except for the Redline brake package.

Yes and no. The size and weight of the car means the Brembos are what should be STANDARD package. So while they may add price to the car, they are worth it for the extra brake performance they provide. Should they add so much to the price? No. But both standard Ford and Standard Holden are let down by small brakes.

No drugs, just my point of view. You're talking to somebody who isn't biased towards Ford or Holden in any way. For me, and I realise is just my opinion, the interior of the SSV feels like a much nicer place to sit, and the IQ system completely trounces what Ford give you. Couple that with even the stock sound of the engine in the driver's seat and it wins for me.

I'm not arguing that the XR6T is shite, for my money though & for my taste the SSV is much more my cup of tea.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'm not biased in any way either. I buy the best of what's available at the time. And right now, that isn't what Holden is offering.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
julia+gillard+and+the+bird.jpg

MOVING FORD! :D

Last edited:

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
So I'm taking onboard what you guys are saying about the Redline edition being a bit pointless. One thing I've also noticed when comparing one to a normal SSV is the external chrome trim, which I've realised I'm not a fan of. So it looks like I'll be getting an SSV instead.

Re the brakes on the normal SSV, how do you guys find them? How much would I be looking at to upgrade them to something bigger? I'm taking it changing the breaks would destroy my warranty?

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
u only lose warranty on the parts you replace....u replace brakes, they wont fix them under warranty etc, change the exhaust, they wont fix it etc etc

or if the mod causes a problem with something else, they won fix it

i think thats how it works i could be way off

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So I'm taking onboard what you guys are saying about the Redline edition being a bit pointless. One thing I've also noticed when comparing one to a normal SSV is the external chrome trim, which I've realised I'm not a fan of. So it looks like I'll be getting an SSV instead.

Re the brakes on the normal SSV, how do you guys find them? How much would I be looking at to upgrade them to something bigger? I'm taking it changing the breaks would destroy my warranty?

From what I understand brakes is the only reason you would buy a redline. I had 2 SSV's and if you cook them you are driving waaaaaaaay too fast for the street. They don't last more than a few laps on a track but I'd think the redline brakes would only last an extra lap or 2.

Reaper