Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SSV Redline Sedan Owner (In a few weeks...)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah I'd of gone the M3 over the Redline any day. Would of had to spend a fair crack more though I'd imagine. $110k for the M3 twin scroll v6 is the go I reckon.

SV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VN Clubsport
LOL!!! You chose a Redline Holden Commodore when an option was an E63??? Hahahahahahahaha.....

LIKE everyone is saying that is your opinion. May not be his!!!

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
you also have to take into consideration running costs...how much would it cost to service/repair an E63/M3, insurance etc, maybe it made the SS more appealing as well

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
you also have to take into consideration running costs...how much would it cost to service/repair an E63/M3, insurance etc, maybe it made the SS more appealing as well

If you can afford the 180+k to buy the car, then I am sure you can afford the servicing and running costs. Insurance for the bmw would be lucky to hit $1800 even with the most anal of insurers like RACV. Servicing is not that much more expensive.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
not just servicing either. replacement parts after warranty is over are ridiculous in price lol i love quoting customers bmw parts.. love the reactions when i tell them to price.
:)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
If you can afford the 180+k to buy the car, then I am sure you can afford the servicing and running costs. Insurance for the bmw would be lucky to hit $1800 even with the most anal of insurers like RACV. Servicing is not that much more expensive.

most people dont think ahead about that stuff.. and are stuck with expensive bills come serviceing time

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
LOL!!! You chose a Redline Holden Commodore when an option was an E63??? Hahahahahahahaha.....

As nice as they are (I briefly considered a M5 before my most recent purchase), perhaps the guy didn't think they were 3 - 4x the price tag of a Redline better??? I certainly didn't!

Reaper

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
I could go out & buy a C63/M3/GTR, but man that's a lot of money to spend on a car.

Do I really wanna pay 4 times the insurance than for the SSV? Nope.
Do I really wanna pay for servicing? Nope.
Do I really wanna park it outside of a lock up garage? Nope

The only way I would buy a car like that is if I had the cash to buy 2. Maybe when I'm a but older it's something I could consider.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN

Once again you jump to bloody conclusions, sure an E63 may be a better car in some ways but there are reasons people would choose a Holden instead, if you can't figure these reasons out you will lose all credibility in my opinion.