Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE SV6 II... opinion on wheel size and style

xerxes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II
hey guys
im new to this whole website although i been following some people with their progress and got a fair amount of info, i am buying a new car so i though i'd join up.

anyways, im getting the MY11 VE SV6 II, and i cant for the life of me decide on the size and style of the wheels.

the car is going to be in poison ivy, and i was thinking about 20s, though i dont want it to set me back too much, because im looking to swap the brand new factory 18 inch alloys.

i would greatly appreciate any opinions, or past experience, also if anyone has a VE SV6 with pics to put up, i'd also appreciate that greatly.

p.s if any one has advice in whether i should get leather or cloth interior...

thanks guys

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
20". All the way. :)

Supersports. Advanti Tourers.

Interested in selling the standard tyres and wheels?

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Yea definetly go 20's, don't go 22's they are to put it bluntly, "gay"
Well I know your on a budget, so I don't think the rims i'm thinking of are going to be suitable.

However i'm really liking...
- Vertini Magic
- Breyton GTS
- Simmons FR20's

Just my 2 cents

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
if i was buying a brand spanka id option it with 20" supersports and ud be getting bridgestone potenze tyres with that.. cant go wrong for a $2k option in my opinion..

hsv_r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 R8 SV
I have the 20" Sabre alloys and leather. All very nice.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Depending on the roads you will frequent, 20's are fine if all is smooth . But if you have any reason to travel outside of that comfort zone stick with the 18's.

And when it comes time to invest in new rubber, 18's will not make your wallet say ouch.

But like i said it's all dependent on where you drive the most.

20's look better, but then again looks are not everything either.

Cheers.

python

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 M6 Sedan
The dealer I bought from (Suttons in Homebush) had a demo model on display that had what they called "Custom GTS Leather" which I ended up going for (see pic)

It's got a real nice feel to it, feels durable, and (IMO) looks awesome. They offered just about any colour combination you wanted too, but I went for two tone grey to match the interior/dash + Sizzle logo to match the body :)

Edit: It was ticketed at $300 more than the stock leather option, which I think I got them to ~halve during negotiations among other things.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Depending on the roads you will frequent, 20's are fine if all is smooth . But if you have any reason to travel outside of that comfort zone stick with the 18's.

And when it comes time to invest in new rubber, 18's will not make your wallet say ouch.

But like i said it's all dependent on where you drive the most.

20's look better, but then again looks are not everything either.

Cheers.

MAYBE 19s ;) AS 18s LOOK ****.