Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE's getting cheap

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Today's fish wrappers in Sydney have two dealers offering new Omega's for $24,990 plus $1995 dealer delivery plus on roads. In this state, that would mean around $30k drive away. I reckon you would have some room to negotiate on the dealer delivery charges though.

The Omega's shown in the ad both have plastic wheel covers, so they could be quite old '08 stock, but that certainly is cheap for a brand new Commodore. How much cheaper can they get?

And what is the cheapest used VE you have seen so far? A couple up here have been in the daily rags for under 17k - that's a fair bit of car for not much money.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Good price for a new car of this size. Cheapest used one i have seen is a 07 Omega for under 17k. Had reasonable Km as well.

I firmly believe you will even see 09 plated VE SV6 sedans going for around the 32k drive away mark buy the end of the year.

Cheers.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I saw an 06 Omega on carsales for 15k, but pretty high mileage. I've been on carsales a fair bit as im looking to upgrade the liberty (though I won't buy a VE unless its a 6L and thats a bit much for a daily). They're getting pretty cheap in the second hand market, and I don't think the new car prices are going to help.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
id be sceptical about buying a new holden, my brother works there and is getting 4 days work a month atm if hes lucky.... holdens are going down the tube and if they do.... imagine how much fun its going to be to get holden parts down the track, plus from what holden workers tell me , holden are getting VERY cheap and using shitty cheap china parts all through the car

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
id be sceptical about buying a new holden, my brother works there and is getting 4 days work a month atm if hes lucky.... holdens are going down the tube and if they do.... imagine how much fun its going to be to get holden parts down the track, plus from what holden workers tell me , holden are getting VERY cheap and using shitty cheap china parts all through the car

Yeah, much worse than all the parts in the older model commodores lol Also, china doesn't necessarily mean bad in this day and age. After all, they're not buying parts in bulk off ebay, they're dealing with legit overseas companies that make parts for car manufacturers around the globe including for Japanese and European manufacturers.

Surely you don't actually think Holden could go down the tube? Its the parent company at risk, not Holden. Worst case scenario they'd be sold to another company, but there'd still be parts made for a long time yet because they have a legal obligation.

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
I picked up my Ute in feb for 24k drive away, with mats and tonneau cover. It was the last 08 plate 6spd manual in WA, but lucky to find one (actually found it myself, and not by a dealer). 09 plated can be had for 2.5k more (26500-27000) if you look and try hard enough (dealers desperate for sales can get you one at that price).

It was quite funny seeing all these used 07's going for more than I paid for a brand new 08 :)

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
MY09 SV6 Manual

I was happy to get my new MY09 SV6 Manual for less than $31K drive away late last year.

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
Yeah, much worse than all the parts in the older model commodores lol Also, china doesn't necessarily mean bad in this day and age. After all, they're not buying parts in bulk off ebay, they're dealing with legit overseas companies that make parts for car manufacturers around the globe including for Japanese and European manufacturers.

Surely you don't actually think Holden could go down the tube? Its the parent company at risk, not Holden. Worst case scenario they'd be sold to another company, but there'd still be parts made for a long time yet because they have a legal obligation.

yes i do think holden can go down the tube

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
cheap VE

I just picked up my Black 06 omega with 62k on the clock (see pic in your ride)..for $16900..lowered and with the ss quad exhausts..the car itself was 15k plus GST and the auction house fee..yes ..I was worried buying this way ..but the car seems fine so far..
Mega bargin...but then I did sit on the net all day for weeks waiting for one to come along..a lot of car for that money!

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
Holden won't go down the tubes..... all large car manufacturers are having a hard time......... Ford is no better at the moment.