Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New vn owner

I

isaac_2jz

I was just wanted to know nething usefull bout vn's, good bad whatever, i just brought a series ii and was wanting to know quirks and stuff from other owners...

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
VNs are a tough, extremely reliable car. Keep it serviced regularly and you'll enjoy your knew purchase. The VN V6 is also rumored to be one of the hardest going V6 Commodores, which may or may not interest you.

About the only thing wrong with the VN is that because of the design and manufacture of the interior they can be a bit rattly, and there's a fair bit of road noise.
They also have a stereo that's worth all of . . .about . . . nothing.

Hope it treats you good - you picked a great car.

VNCommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8
i hacnt had to much trobles with my vn but they r known to have manyy common faults eg paint were and roof lining coming down. they are extremly strong and can take a beating however i dont suggest it.

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
yeah my commo runs smooth except few little things.. keep an eye on ur steering fluid... mine leaks... really bad wen doing cirlces or drifting on the track... could always not do em but wat fun would that be :yeah:

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Get absoloutley everything checked, make sure everything is running sweet, and if not, see to it. A VN isn't sumthin you want to be running unhappily, as it will cost ya as I have learnt with my car. Very little things can result in huge problems, preventitive maintainance is the key to happy motoring :D

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
Yeah all the above i love giving my vn a good flogging very strong. Ive heard that roumor as well lets hope its true. All the problems ive had were caused by my serous condition (i cant leave anything alone i have to see what's in it).But i fixed it after.

I

isaac_2jz

Cool thanks groovers, i pick it up on friday and i wanted to know what to look for exactly, my mechanin (brother so its free) went from a hq ute to a 2002 s, he is no use, but if ne finds nething else wrong or good to kknow, or easy power upgrades plz write to me on [email protected]

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
i work in a wreckers so i can tell ya the most common thing to sort of go wrong with the vn if ya want to know??

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
only going by what we sell that is :)

I

isaac_2jz

bitch said:
i work in a wreckers so i can tell ya the most common thing to sort of go wrong with the vn if ya want to know??

Yeah nething u see come through ur way heaps would be good info, thanks