Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VX Berlina Gen 3

Gen5take2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey guys I just purchased a VX Berlina today with the 5.7.
For some reason cars are the only thing I cant find gadgets and extras for on the internet very successfully.
So far as I know it is just Factory Standard however one thing I'd like to do is purchase leather interior.
Id like to know some things that can be added to these cars and also as far as I know the car is 2001 model in case some fittings are different then the 2000 model.
Any ideas and advice on what key words to type into google when looking for possible retailers for these extras?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Ebay has plenty of things for your car. Just type in VT-VX (and whatever you're looking for). I say VT-VX because many VT parts fit a VX as well.

Gen5take2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
does 1 size fit all tho? and what are those things? I dont even know what I can add on lol

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
What ever you want to change are those "things".

Just don`t get a lot of VT stuff as it will be most likely a downgrade, as for interior ,seats, door trims etc even up to VY-VZ will fit it all depends on budget, you can get a VZ HSV leather interior, but can you afford it?, with the VZ seats some have extra airbag circuitry in the drivers seat so that's 1 issue you may encounter, you could also get your current seats re-upholstered.

Edit, I see you can get VE HSV collusion conversion kits for VT-VZ now sexxxxxx.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Any seats VT to Vz will fit, but you need to make sure they have the airbag in the seat like yours currently does. Also helps the have the same level of electrics. Most Holden leather seats have damage to the drivers right side bolster and still aren't cheap. Another option is retrimming your current ones. I got a quote for 2 grand to redo mine in leather, but if you shop around you might find cheaper.

And someone here might know, my car, like the op's have 2 way electric in the drivers seat. If I got seats from a Calais with 8 way, is it the same plug? And how hard is it to get an electric passenger seat working?
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
Looks like the same plug, Husky.

EDIT:Actually it might not be. I just looked at the YB116 plug, but it's probably the YB210 and YB211 plugs that are under the seats. Either way, two wires, shouldn't be a big deal to adapt.

Gen5take2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey guys thanks for the info! Might look into retrimming and see if i can find something around. Money isnt too much of an issue but Id prefer not to whack out thousands on something i can get for hundreds if you know what i mean. saw some bolt on cold air intakes, are they easy to put on and is there a computer chip upgrade for ecu? i use to get a stage 2 chip for my old VL once upon a time so maybe there is something like that for VX?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You can't get a chip but you can get a tune which is quite expensive but will make a big improvement on power and economy.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Also you can add Calais stuff to the car (some of it, not all with ease) as the Berlina did not come standard with some features.

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
Best things to do with an LS1 if you have the money are full exhaust (stock is crap from head to tip), bigger maf pipe, two-hole mod and a tune (maf or mafless). Lots more power, better driveability, better economy. Add an over the radiator intake if you don't mind cleaning filters often, but you don't need one to make good power.

It's worth doing the 2-hole mod and a monaro cold air intake as a first step (google for lots more info), only costs like $30.