Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VZ, a few questions...

mickhq

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Hi all,

Great forum you have here. Lots of info!. I have just got my self a 2005 VZ calais, with the V8, with about 72k on it.

I was hoping you guys could help me out with a few little things. Sorry if they are silly questions.

Its got the dual climate control option, but when it is set to warm (both left and right side), say 25degrees, warm air only seems to come out of the passenger side vents. The drivers side seems to blow normal or cool air out? Not really sure what the go is. When the fan strength is on full it comes out of both, but not until you get to 4/4 little fans on the display. It all works fine for cooling.

And secondly, when at idle it seems to be 'missing' slightly, as in there is a intermittant shake through the car every few seconds (kinda like when a plug is dead etc) i was just wondering if it would show up with an error for that sorta thing. Would it most likely be a plug? everything is fine when accelerating.

Other than that its a great car. nicer than the 72 holden i was driving before it anyway!

And out of curiosity, The hunter holded guy (ryde) that i got it off recommended to call and organise their mobile mechanics to come and service the car as opposed to taking it in to the centre, as that guarantees you get a more qualified mechanic working on it. Anyone had any experience with these? Like can they do full services etc?

thanks in advance

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey mate,

Not to sure about ur Climate control situation.
With the slight miss ur getting, as u said most likely a dud sparkie. Those things dont show up in the everyday running of the car. Just buy a set from ur nearest Auto store, make sure there iridiums, thats what Holden recommend.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
the mobile mechs are limited to a certain extent with some stuff but are pretty good, they shouldn't charge you anymore than what the service centre will.