Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Walkinshaw W407 Package coming soon

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
So you guys are saying that this is essentially the Walkingshaw system?

https://www.exhaustshop.com.au/di-f...k],14-finish[Stainless Steel],vehicle[1,1,10]

3" Stainless System with 1 7/8" headers and 200 Cell Cats? I thought Walky used 1 3/4" Headers, can somebody confirm? To be honest when you add the price of this system, VCM intake, Install and tune you are not very far from he Walky asking price for the W375.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
So you guys are saying that this is essentially the Walkingshaw system?

https://www.exhaustshop.com.au/di-filippo/di-filippo-holden-commodore-ss-sedan-ve-vf-3-stainless-steel-big-boy-complete-engine-back-system-di-filippo-ve-vf-3-big-boy-217?mfp=18-system-type[Engine Back],14-finish[Stainless Steel],vehicle[1,1,10]

3" Stainless System with 1 7/8" headers and 200 Cell Cats? I thought Walky used 1 3/4" Headers, can somebody confirm? To be honest when you add the price of this system, VCM intake, Install and tune you are not very far from he Walky asking price for the W375.
I beleave the walkinshaw system uses 1 3/4 inch headers and a 3" centre section that is reduced to 2.5" at the rear mufflers.
I personally went with the difilippo big boy system as i want to go FI in the future.
Walkinshaw tune will more than likely be very conservative and you will gain more benefit doing a custom dyno tune.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
All up ive paid $5200 for a full difilippo 3 inch with 1 7/8" headers, custom tune and intake.
Still cheaper than walkinshaw and it will suit FI if i decide to go down that track.

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I beleave the walkinshaw system uses 1 3/4 inch headers and a 3" centre section that is reduced to 2.5" at the rear mufflers.
I personally went with the difilippo big boy system as i want to go FI in the future.
Walkinshaw tune will more than likely be very conservative and you will gain more benefit doing a custom dyno tune.

why would they make that choice?

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
why would they make that choice?
Ive read that it speeds up exhaust velocity before it exits the exhaust or some crap.. but i would say its more to eliminate any type of drone.. and walkinshaw can sell it as a walkinshaw designed system as it makes it slightly different to the difillipo system.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Plus it sounds fkn great

It does
I think mine sounds fantastic
I'm not playing favourites either because I have a 375 pack.
It was on the car when purchased.
Would certainly buy this exhaust again

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Happy NY folks! I am seriously thinking of going the W375 or the W407, mainly because I love the sound of the Walky spec exhausts and that they have proven to have no noticeable drone. In saying that, is there much difference between the W375 and W407 exhaust sound? I know the W407 has a lumpier idle due to the Cam but other than that, is it a similar note and loudness during driving conditions? The W407 looks good but its almost double the price so the W375 seems better value IMO. Which one provides more lower end punch? According the walkinshaw Website the W375 reaches max torque before the W407 however I know that does not necessarily mean it has more bottom end. I live it Sydney and my Redline is Manual so looking for the ideal solution from the two options. As much as I would love a blower, I should have simply forked out the extra 20k for an LSA Clubsport so my decision is to stay NA for the sake of insurance flexibility, warranty, EPA, etc.
Finally, is there any merit in having Walky keep the bimodal setup in place? Just thought it would be good to have incase I get pulled over or if I need to shut her up for whatever reason. Does keeping it affect what exhaust system is fitted, ie. will they still fit DiFillipo or something else? Will keeping BiModal affect the sound of the Walky exhaust even when it is in fully open mode? Thanks

W375 Cost Roughly = $6,690 & W407 Cost Roughly = $10,990

Honestly for the money you would spend on either package - YOU WILL achieve much better results from an independent tuner and probably still have money left over to get some nice ride height adjustable coil-overs and still retain very good road manners for the power you would achieve if its your daily.

I also confirm - Walkinshaw system uses 1 3/4 inch headers 3" collector/cat and 3" into front section of hot-dogs/front mufflers then through center section is reduced to 2.5" at the axle into rear mufflers with dual 2' exits with 3.5 inch tips.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
closest youll find to the 407