Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Walkinshaw W407 Package coming soon

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Sam's Performance = rich as F$%k too - came out of there using 25L a 100 with a tiny cam and stalling at idle in a manual.........back 3 times and "you have to expect that with a cam"......ahm NO!!!

There's a muppet in the Hunter that's not much better either.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Thanks Oz,

Harrop use a hub dyno and most other places use the rolling road (chassis dyno) so to speak. Its probably making similar power on both dynos but its essentially measured at different places e.g. hub vs tyres so you'd expect a lower reading on the chassis dyno. As you said, nothing to worry about anyway.

When a tuner either can't fix an issue or doesn't care or doesn't want to put the time into it (particularly idle/cold idle/drivability under 2000rpm) they just add more fuel to mask the issue as best they can and hand you the car back and say its tuned. You end up with exactly what you had from harrop. I copped exactly the same thing from Oztrack in Sydney - rich as F*&k at idle and under 2000 and lean as F**k everywhere else.

I think I need to take a trip to Frankston.....

Probably the problem with mine. It's back at the tuner now getting sorted. it's got a mild cam and a magnuson 2300. (assuming cam is VCM15). Like Ozturtle's it surges when you're just about to stop, stinks of fuel at idle, and when crawling in traffic nearly stalls when changing up gears (amongst all the other issues). Right now it's a dog to drive. Hopefully it'll be sorted when i get it back.

My "courtesy car" is my boss's cammed, Harrop enhanced GTS. This one was done by another tuner. The difference in manners and drivability is night and day

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I picked up my SSV W407 from walkinshaw yesterday. It's ####ing brilliant..

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I picked up my SSV W407 from walkinshaw yesterday. It's ####ing brilliant..

Any idea of cam specs?

Does it have a choppy idle?

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I'm new at this so it might post twice.

I don't know much about cars so I couldn't tell you any specs. But mario from walkinshaw told me it has 420 KW and 698 NM. As for the lumpy you can definitely here it when the car is in neutral.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey Hob,
Seeing you're in Melbourne, if you head down/up to SNL let me know, wouldn't mind having a look and listen.

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
What's SNL?? I can try to take a video of it but you'll won't here it properly... Mario from walkinshaw said he is going to post some pictures and video as I was the first in Australia to get the 407 package.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Who did the work Pete - seems like everyone gets screwed at least the first few times until we uncover a shop that perhaps has an idea what they are doing. The tune either makes or breaks a package and the tune is what lets 99% of them down. We should start a new thread called Tuning - The Good, the Bad and The downright Ugly - might help people identify places to go/not go......

Probably the problem with mine. It's back at the tuner now getting sorted. it's got a mild cam and a magnuson 2300. (assuming cam is VCM15). Like Ozturtle's it surges when you're just about to stop, stinks of fuel at idle, and when crawling in traffic nearly stalls when changing up gears (amongst all the other issues). Right now it's a dog to drive. Hopefully it'll be sorted when i get it back.

My "courtesy car" is my boss's cammed, Harrop enhanced GTS. This one was done by another tuner. The difference in manners and drivability is night and day

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
SNL=Saturday Night Live.
A huge car meet every Saturday night with everything from old school Chevys to new school Lambo's, with the weather improving numbers are growing to the point of nearly 700 cars a couple of weeks ago.
The main 1 is at BP, Eastlink inbound (just near Ferntree Gully Rd.), another smaller 1 is on Peninsula Link outbound, both are great with no trouble and respectable people who just love cars.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey Foggsy;
99% sure Hob had it done at Horsepower Factory in Dandenong, it's where Mario works from. I think the only other authorised Walkinshaw dealer in Melbourne is Geelong Performance Centre, but could be wrong.