Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Walkinshaw W407 Package coming soon

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Ive got the w375 on my redline : i was going to look into getting the 407 upgrade but after reading some of these posts about pricing (5 to 6k ) for the upgrade just to gain a slight bees d gain in performance they can shove that up their ar... ☺ ill just stick with the w375 set up

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
With cam upgrades, every shop varies and you get what you pay for. When I bought my ve ss at 49000 on odo , it had receipts for cam upgrade but didn't say on invoice the valvesprings used, exact cam specs, or brand of parts used , other than cam upgrade with comp custom cam// all this was done by a previous owner and a perth workshop , in all will say '' MADDINGTON'' now closed, I purchased the car at a car dealer

Not long after ownership a valvespring broke-, upon further inspection, was discovered they were cheap single springs, still had std pushrods, and decided to pull the cam to see what it was and was a vcm 7 cam not a comp custom as on invoice!!

. No other damage than the spring, so swapped all the rubbish out with duals and manly pushrods, put the 7 cam back in abd retune and car hasn't missed a beat since. Ask the shop you intend to use, what they are putting in. Do it right the first time, rather tha n opt for cheapest deal , as can cost a bomb fixing another shops rubbish.
As for the walkinshaw cam, there will always be people who will just pay for the name and feel because its walkinshaw, its got to be the best.
I personally think the price is alittle excessive for what you get.

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Jared i all ready had the W375 package ($7000) then it was another $4800 to upgrade to the W407.

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Its worth it. Trust me mate. It's heaps faster and sounds awesome..

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon

Did it get much louder?

Do you have a video of the idle?

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I do daves8 but I don't know how to post it on here.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Jared i all ready had the W375 package ($7000) then it was another $4800 to upgrade to the W407.

Hi there mate : ive got the 375 n they quoted $4800 for the upgrade : is it much louder than the 375 n what does it sound like :.im guessing its a bit more lumpy n louder with the cam : hows the performance over the 375

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
W375 Redline. You won't be disappointed. It hits 3500rpm and it's a animal.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
So the retail price is +$11k over stock V8 price for bolt-ons, mid-20's cam and stickers, and you get a real ~320rwkw. Here's my thoughts having done a round or two in this rodeo:
Not bad, with a stall will break 11s, but not really an effective practical upgrade for a daily commute. That cam shines mid range and has gobs of needless overlap. VCM 262 is mighty similar but does better torque earlier because of the earlier exhaust close.
Old mate on the G8 board has similar cam but did a custom grind on a stock VVT base circle, and 111 ICL (115+4 LSA) - which means low stall and able to retain AFM for daily commute. With intake, headers, diff gears and stall, his PB is now 11.89.
Point is his first stage ~60rwkw typical bolt-ons and custom tune to ~290rwkw was ~$3k or $50/kw. The next stage ~30rwkw from cam and valvetrain upgrade also cost $3k or $100/rwkw.
Total expense DIY 320rwkw is ~$6k or $67/rwkw. Which is absolutely brilliant value. The W407 @ $11k is close to twice as expensive, to be expected, but of course you get to blame someone else if it blows up.
It's the next stage that's a doozy step if you want tractable low RPM torque, daily smooth reliability and power in the premium output range of 340-400rwkw (boot badge 430-508 kw) expect to pay another $300/rwkw.

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
I do have a video daves8 but I don't know how to post it on here. What's your email address and I'll send it to ya.