Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Walkinshaw W407 Package coming soon

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
W375 Redline. You won't be disappointed. It hits 3500rpm and it's a animal.

Thanks mate : the main thing with the walkinshaw stuff is that u still have driveability of the vehicle : its engineered very well : so is it much louder over the 375 or about the same

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
W375 Redline. You won't be disappointed. It hits 3500rpm and it's a animal.

Hey Hob. How's the manners of the car low in the rev range? Is there and before and after dyno sheets showing the torque curve?

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
It's much louder on idle and it goes heaps better than the 375 package.. it just takes off at 3500 Revs. If you want a video of the idle email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to send you a video.

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Nar mate I didn't get one but mario at HPF told me they got 420 KW after dyno. Apparently you can get min 407 and up to 420kw depending on car trees how many ks ya car has done and what petrol you use. I always use BP.

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
It's much louder on idle and it goes heaps better than the 375 package.. it just takes off at 3500 Revs. If you want a video of the idle email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to send you a video.

Thanks for that mate : i sent u an email for that video ☺

richo_00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFll SSV Redline
Thats pretty insane money. I got quoted $5,200 for cam upgrade and diff gears (4.1)

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
As far as walkinshaw performance goes. You get what you pay for. A quality job.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
:rolleyes: at an exorbitant price

W375 redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
W375 s2 redline
Hi mate : totally agree 100% : yes the walkinshaw packs may be a little bit pricier than some others, but they r very well engineered : i have the 375 n it drives perfect : no drivability issues whatsoever but each to their own i guess ☺

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
With these recent threads about bad tunes that I've read, I'm starting to wonder wether a generic tune (not that I'm in need of one) is a safer option. Might not be the absolute best, but I'd bet a generic tune from a company such as Walkinshaw would be a hell of a long way from the worst. Can't recall any threads on Walky packs being so bad that peeps are paying another 1k to have it retuned elsewhere, yet I've read a quite a few in regards to custom tune needing re doing. Could just come down to statistics of it all, in that the custom tunes outnumber generic 100 to 1, so you just dont hear/read about as many problems or unhappy customers.
On a price note, yes Walky packs are more expensive, but gee, the way for years people have hammered the price, you'd swear they were like 3 times it and personally offensive to those that can't afford it. I thought at most were talking like 50% more for any given goodie. To some people (not me) their bank balance wouldn't miss a blower and rebuild, so a thousand here or there, for this or that is like meh.
Walkinshaw owners are alright with me.....