Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Walkinshaw W407 Package coming soon

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Hey Hob;

SNL is on every saturday night, BP Eastlink inbound just before Ferntree Gully RD. I might stop in after work.

Hob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
No worries Oz I'll catch up with ya down there. What's the best time to get there.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Seeing as how good the weather is, I'd aim for 5:30. I probably won't get there till 6ish.

Naturally aspirated

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV redline
I'm new at this so it might post twice.

I don't know much about cars so I couldn't tell you any specs. But mario from walkinshaw told me it has 420 KW and 698 NM. As for the lumpy you can definitely here it when the car is in neutral.
Did you get a dyno sheet that showed rear wheel power ? Was that walkinshaw Dandenong ?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Happy NY folks! I am seriously thinking of going the W375 or the W407, mainly because I love the sound of the Walky spec exhausts and that they have proven to have no noticeable drone. In saying that, is there much difference between the W375 and W407 exhaust sound? I know the W407 has a lumpier idle due to the Cam but other than that, is it a similar note and loudness during driving conditions? The W407 looks good but its almost double the price so the W375 seems better value IMO. Which one provides more lower end punch? According the walkinshaw Website the W375 reaches max torque before the W407 however I know that does not necessarily mean it has more bottom end. I live it Sydney and my Redline is Manual so looking for the ideal solution from the two options. As much as I would love a blower, I should have simply forked out the extra 20k for an LSA Clubsport so my decision is to stay NA for the sake of insurance flexibility, warranty, EPA, etc.
Finally, is there any merit in having Walky keep the bimodal setup in place? Just thought it would be good to have incase I get pulled over or if I need to shut her up for whatever reason. Does keeping it affect what exhaust system is fitted, ie. will they still fit DiFillipo or something else? Will keeping BiModal affect the sound of the Walky exhaust even when it is in fully open mode? Thanks

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Happy NY folks! I am seriously thinking of going the W375 or the W407, mainly because I love the sound of the Walky spec exhausts and that they have proven to have no noticeable drone. In saying that, is there much difference between the W375 and W407 exhaust sound? I know the W407 has a lumpier idle due to the Cam but other than that, is it a similar note and loudness during driving conditions? The W407 looks good but its almost double the price so the W375 seems better value IMO. Which one provides more lower end punch? According the walkinshaw Website the W375 reaches max torque before the W407 however I know that does not necessarily mean it has more bottom end. I live it Sydney and my Redline is Manual so looking for the ideal solution from the two options. As much as I would love a blower, I should have simply forked out the extra 20k for an LSA Clubsport so my decision is to stay NA for the sake of insurance flexibility, warranty, EPA, etc.
Finally, is there any merit in having Walky keep the bimodal setup in place? Just thought it would be good to have incase I get pulled over or if I need to shut her up for whatever reason. Does keeping it affect what exhaust system is fitted, ie. will they still fit DiFillipo or something else? Will keeping BiModal affect the sound of the Walky exhaust even when it is in fully open mode? Thanks
The W407 is a huge amount of extra money over the W375, personally I struggle to see the value. That said, Walkinshaw are poor value regardless, there are better options out there. I paid several thousand less for my 385kw pack, there's more details on these options in other threads if you search including a list across states.

monty_vfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV S2 Redline
Just get a difilippo exhaust and a vcm intake.. if you want the badge and certificate then pay a few grand more and go through walkinshaw i guess.. whatever makes you happy.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
This +100.

It's rebadge DiFillipo. Just get their exhaust fitted and a proper tune and your sweet.

Just get a difilippo exhaust and a vcm intake.. if you want the badge and certificate then pay a few grand more and go through walkinshaw i guess.. whatever makes you happy.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
I were looking at Tekno's Stage 1 ($6500?) OTR with header and 2.5" exhaust system or the Stage 2 ($8495) OTR with header and 3" exhaust system plus cam. Very tempting to the Stage 2 package but need to save up some money though.:D There is a You Tube on cam, apparently the bigger cam (VCM21) has lumpier noise and higher top end power but smaller cam (VCM532) is relatively quieter and has better low down power for everyday use. Or choose the middle VCM9 for midrange punch...