Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New way to do "Road Works" in the 21st Century

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
1) Do "knee Jerk" road works like putting up the barriers on the West Gate Bridge to stop "jumpers".(I know for a fact they now jump off the Bolty bridge)..
2) Make the road works last for months if not years by using a bear minimum of man power so that traffic can be slowed for a maximum of time.
3) Put up speed signs (40k) even if there is no work being done and its perfectly fine to drive at the normal speed limit.
4) Do road works on Roads that were only just constructed in the last few years to frustrate drivers even more by making wonder why??????
5) Resurface perfectly good roads (like they did to my street) and leave bumpy pot holed roads to stuff up drivers cars.
6) Put in new traffic signals (like the red arrow they put in at my corner) ..that slow the traffic even more rather than speed it up...

ok ....feel free to add some of your own..

Cheers.

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Please do not advertise other forums without authority.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
fix up the same pot hole 6 times over about 6 months coz of all the rain
just fix it right the first time!

aidannn

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
once they've built the road, realise they've only made it single lane instead of double, so they have to spend twice the time they just spent building it, to make it 2 lanes

Acclaimed VS

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I hate how they put a friggin right turn arrow at a intersection I drive through everyday. It's there because last year was an election and I'm in Rudd's electorate so it was time to make themselves look busy with pointless projects like this one. It now takes 5 more minutes to get through an intersection at the easiest right turn ever. Seriously if you ####ed up here you were either blowing a 0.10 on the bretho or just trying to die.

Also basically how we have to accommodate for retarded drivers with speed limits and stupid intersections. Seriously if we keep it up we'll all be walking around soon because driving is too dangerous. Sometimes natural selection takes it place and dumb asses die. #### happens!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
qld special
1. do the major works on the gateway motor way, gympie road and all the major aterials, all at once.
2. take so long doing it.
3. make it crapier than it was to start with.
4. have the hide to raise the tolls.
5. make a stupid tunnel that no-one uses. such a waste.
6. employ people to hold up the slow signs during road works for no reason,
7. and my personal fravorite, shut down 2 lanes on the m1 or gate way motor way so they can do road works, only to have no-one actualy doing any work while the lane is shut, driving all the people on the road up the wall at the time.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Jeremy Clarkson's old favourite gripe... Roadwork speed limits (that are there mainly to protect the workers) that are still in place AT NIGHT WHEN NOBODY IS WORKING!!!! Sure, if the roads a bit ripped up and temporary, but if it's for widening or work that doesn't change the condition of the lanes that are still open, why are there roadwork speed limits at night?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
qld special
1. do the major works on the gateway motor way, gympie road and all the major aterials, all at once.
2. take so long doing it.
3. make it crapier than it was to start with.
4. have the hide to raise the tolls.
5. make a stupid tunnel that no-one uses. such a waste.
6. employ people to hold up the slow signs during road works for no reason,
7. and my personal fravorite, shut down 2 lanes on the m1 or gate way motor way so they can do road works, only to have no-one actualy doing any work while the lane is shut, driving all the people on the road up the wall at the time.

I think you hit the M1 nail on the head here Garth. I drove from the northside to Nerang the other day and I am completely confused as to why the largest southside motorway was moving at 5km/h at 12pm. Bloody joke.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I use the Clem7 regularly on my trips to the airport, when I come from my partners parents house on the southside, and going back again.

I'd gladly pay the tolls to avoid the traffic, wasted time and aggravation. People whinge about a few bucks but would rather spend that money idling in traffic and getting ####ed off.

A couple of weeks back, the morons decided to start roadworks on Moggill Road, on a Saturday morning when Colleges Crossing was closed. Huge traffic jam.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
i think Brisbane should stop ALL roadworks and just develop a trébuchet launch and catch system.. more effective imho :hmmm: