Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New wheels for Tuckerbag

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I'm pretty convinced now that Tuckerbag really does want a ZB, and is just waiting for prices to fall enough to afford one. And so he's applying himself to crashing the marked by stopping other people wanting one. No shame in liking the ZB - we all would have preferred to buy a rear drive V8 made in Australia but they just stopped making them. And even if they didn't there were the reliability and resale issues to consider, particularly if it was a 'Monday' or 'Friday' car - as John Cadogan so rightly pointed out. And the euro styling and improved fuel efficiency and heated seats of the new model do start to grow on you after a while I think...

So I figured it'd be a good idea to post links to good deals here, preferably from dealers with minimum trade-ins also, eg. for the VP, or VN, or JB or whatever.

That way hopefully Tuckerbag can sort out his upgrade as fast as possible and leave the rest of us to enjoy our (reasonably) new cars.

Probably also good for other forum members who might be looking at upgrading, similar to threads on best prices for synthetic oil etc...

So here's my nomination for deal of the day:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-holden-commodore-rs-zb-auto-my18/OAG-AD-17516925/?Cr=0

2019 complied RS wagon with only 14,000 kms for $26k drive away - not too shabby!

Also, if Tuckerbag could advise as to his preferred colour, trim level, kms, and dollar range this would help us to steer him in the right direction?

And also if he would consider any of GMH's other fine German built vehicles? They have some good deals going on the Astra RS for example:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-holden-astra-rs-bk-auto-my18/SSE-AD-6154115/?Cr=0

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
I think tuckerbag has some sort of VP or VD powered by a conrod V8 engine.
The v8 trade just taken a bit of a dive as petrol prices have just rocketed up and 20 litres per 100kms on metro runs is getting way up in cost. Maybe he could pick up a ZB rs from Barton’s Capalaba Brisbane. They have a 100 of them so they might even give him $500 trade for the VD or was it a VP.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
I know you're only **** stirring but.......
My 5.0 Commodores back in the day used to average 15L per hundred at worst......usually sat in the mid 13's. So only a few litres per hundred more than what some folks report getting out of their V6 ZB's round town.
So I don't think saving $5 per hundred ks is enough to get tuckerbag over the line :D

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Well, I reckon this could get entertaining...…..

Stig Gif.gif

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
"Resale issue"? Bugger me, drop a V8 VF into a car yard and it will sell before a ZB will.
Plenty of VF SSV's worth more than a ZB.

In 5 years a VF SS will still be worth more than a Camira Mk2

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
I know you're only **** stirring but.......
My 5.0 Commodores back in the day used to average 15L per hundred at worst......usually sat in the mid 13's. So only a few litres per hundred more than what some folks report getting out of their V6 ZB's round town.
So I don't think saving $5 per hundred ks is enough to get tuckerbag over the line :D
Fuel consumption don’t really worry me. All I know is i can park my Aussie made Holdens in front of any Aussie pub and feel good about it. AND i’ve been offered 10k for my ex hwy VP. Getting up into zb camira territory ay cobbers x

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sheet...10K for an ex-hwy patrol VP....My brother inlaw picked up an ex-cop VP for $200 a month ago....The car is straight and rust free....Admittably it's only a V6.....Only down fall is the bearing plates and water pump are stuffed. Now that's Camira territory, without the camira issues

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Sheet...10K for an ex-hwy patrol VP....My brother inlaw picked up an ex-cop VP for $200 a month ago....The car is straight and rust free....Admittably it's only a V6.....Only down fall is the bearing plates and water pump are stuffed. Now that's Camira territory, without the camira issues
Yeah well mines a 5 litre. Surprised me too i tell ya. Good car but

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Fuel consumption don’t really worry me

Couldn't agree with you more mate
If I gave a f#$k about fuel consumption I wouldn't drive my VZ 1 Tonner

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I know I've been suggesting 4 cylinder models for Tuckerbag up to now, since one of these should still keep up with the VP OK, but it's come to my attention that RS V6 liftbacks are good value at present too. Consider this 2018 plated liftback with 7000 kms for only $27,888 driveway.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...ore-rs-zb-auto-awd-my18/OAG-AD-17520111/?Cr=4

Would struggle to get an Elantra Turbo for that money...