Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New window tint scratched - Need advice!

daniel_c_dc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Hi guys, I need some advice on my situation.

I booked my car in at Tint a Car in metro SA for today, and when I dropped it off I mentioned to the guy behind the counter that my rear right window leaves marks on the window and if there was anything they could do to stop it scratching the tint. (The marks on the window have easily rubbed out before, and do not permanently mark the glass.)
The guy replied not really, and so I gave him the keys and hoped it wouldn't cause any trouble when I picked it up.
Sure enough, I picked up my car, took it home to have a look, and my window has scratches that as far as I can see go through the tint film.
It is Octane tint, with 25 year warranty. As he instructed I have not touched the windows for the 48 hour period, and I am still within that window.

The warranty information states:
"If the film fails to comply with this warranty, the manufacturer will replace such film including the labour - unless otherwise stated as proved defective. No liability is assumed for scratching or other damage to the film caused by improper treatment or from glass breakage from any glass breakage from any cause or any other inconsequential damage."

Am I within my rights to go back and ask them to re-do it?

Thanks in advance!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Your car is faulty an you still got it fitted.

It's like breaking your ankle an running a marathon, Then taking legal action against the people running it because your ankle is now worse.

Cheers
Mat

daniel_c_dc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Point taken,
Thanks for the slightly humorous and helpful analogy.
Not a big deal but I thought I should clarify before all my mates notice it and it's too late to make a reasonable claim (48 hour window)

Dan

Last edited: