Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Newbie.. My VE Calais V

VE Mik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ser2 Calais V 6.0
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and wanted to post a pic of my car. So hello to everyone :)

Mods are lowered susp, hurricane exhaust, staggered wheels, 6000k hid headlights, carbon lip spoiler.

Future mods are brembo upgrade, vcm otr, vcm21 cam, maybe senator rear end? Undecided tho.

Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Nice mate, never been big on the ve shape, but this looks nice, especially on those wheels
Are you running 265s on the back?
Dont go senator back, oem body looks best imo, but it is your car :)
Tough with class, perfect!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

VE Mik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ser2 Calais V 6.0
Thanks heronvy,

I went 275 on the rear and 245 front.. Could have gone bigger but found out after I had the guards rolled. The guy who rolled them did an awesome job and I will recommend him to anyone looking at getting there guards rolled. Basically there is no lip anymore as he folded it right up nice and tight just the way I like it ;-) Btw love the vyss :)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Looks good mate.
Love them wheels

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Thanks heronvy,

I went 275 on the rear and 245 front.. Could have gone bigger but found out after I had the guards rolled. The guy who rolled them did an awesome job and I will recommend him to anyone looking at getting there guards rolled. Basically there is no lip anymore as he folded it right up nice and tight just the way I like it ;-) Btw love the vyss :)

Nice man, i had 275's on my supra and loved it, never lose traction (unless you try to ;) )
Who did it? PhillB did my old vy and did a pretty awesome job, exactly how you mentioned, was it him?

cant wait for the vcm cam if you go down that route, should sound beautiful, nothing like a v8 with a bit of lump ;)
what sort of power gains will you get with that cam? and what duration is it?

Cheers mate :)

VE Mik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ser2 Calais V 6.0
Nice man, i had 275's on my supra and loved it, never lose traction (unless you try to ;) )
Who did it? PhillB did my old vy and did a pretty awesome job, exactly how you mentioned, was it him?

cant wait for the vcm cam if you go down that route, should sound beautiful, nothing like a v8 with a bit of lump ;)
what sort of power gains will you get with that cam? and what duration is it?

Cheers mate :)

Supra hey, they are quick. I had Kevin from precision guard rolling, I was so happy with the job he did. I was a bit freaked out about bending things and heard horror stories on guard rolling but the guy was a total pro. Cost $60 a side.

Ive had the car for about 8 months and bought it from this old 80 year old cheap. Only has 40000km on it.
It's the first v8 I've owned and stock it scares me sometimes lol. But I've heard some of the cammed v8s and they sound hot. Was going to go the vcm 21 cam. I don't really know the duration as I've done a little bit of research and it seems to be the cam most the guys like and offers the complete package. A magnunson 1900 would be nice but 7000 is a holiday overseas for me lol.

VE Mik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ser2 Calais V 6.0
Does it drive as good as it looks mate? Sweet ride mate.

Haha, hey man yeah it drives awesome. I've always wanted one. I've had a few sixes bit never an eight.

I drive it on the weekends, all week I drive a mondeo wagon and this makes me nervous jumping behind the wheel for the first hour or so lol. :)

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
With the guard rolling, was there any paint cracking (even fine lines)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk