Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

newbie with a 2010 Caprice

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just check under the hood on compliance plate on the passenger side. If it says engine L77 then it is MY11 series 2, built 2010 (that doesn't matter).

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
whats the difference?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Oh about 10rwkw, reliability, upgraded bits here and there, the ability to tune more performance, resale / insurance value, e85 & flex fuel compatibility to name a few

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
what is e85 and flex compatilibility?

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
AND SA people it would be great to catch up sometime and discuss mods etc and what I can do and best way to look after my car etc as im new to the holden scene

tl1kr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice V series 2 2013
I put some Flex Fuel in my car yesterday after asking the attendant if it was the same as E85 to which they said yes. I had never heard of it till then but i think i will stick to it from now on as it seems to have more power ?

matt1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice
where do u get it from? cost more?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
what is e85 and flex compatilibility?

I put some Flex Fuel in my car yesterday after asking the attendant if it was the same as E85 to which they said yes. I had never heard of it till then but i think i will stick to it from now on as it seems to have more power ?

Is ethanol, a common type of alcohol usually made from sorghum grown in Dalby, QLD or sugarcane biomass, usually from QLD.
It produces 40% less carbon per km, is excise tax free (as low as $1/litre typically $1.10), and with it you can tune your car to get 15-20rwkw more than 98.
You are privileged in that your L77 is made for it, and it loves it. I've done 140k km on it exclusively, can't recommend it high enough.
It has slightly different characteristics to gasoline including increased air to fuel ratio under load, which averaged out urban/highway will use 10-30% more ie. 500k per tank combined versus 600 odd.
Awaken the beast with your right foot after a tune and OTR and you can use 2.5litres per minute, the trade off being more power than most HSV. Drive normally on the highway and you save $30-$40 per tank.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
where do u get it from? cost more?

Airport, Seaton, Pooraka, North Adelaide, Clearview, St Marys, Salisbury Downs, Salisbury Park, Woodcroft.
Actual mileage per tank versus cheaper cost per tank really varies according to driver style and driving demands more than gasoline, mine averages $13¢ per k, saving $35 per tank over 98.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Purrrrtttyyyy