Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

newbie with an s pack :)

muzzuri

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
hey everyone

just mange to score my uncles vx s pac for 9 grand, its got all the ss features (bodykit, foglamps etc)
its done 85376ks on the clock and since my uncle is a extremely fussy guy so its mint. now some of you guys might know my brother, he refered me to this site and some how his manged to score himself a mint ss from a family friend, which I was completely obvious to:bang so I went for the next best option which was the s pack, however Ive got abouit 6k to play around with and I was wondering if I could purchase an ls1 and a t56 6sp trans for that much? note that there will be no labour costs as ive got my step dad to help :)

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
The S pac sounds good, Great price and with stuff all km's on it, ( like mine ;) ) I would suggest just buying a SS if you want a V8, just remember theres more to it then just swaping the motor and gear box over into a, "already v6" car. For a few grand more you could just get a vy ss and wouldnt have to worrie about all the stuffing around swaping **** over. Why dont you do the ecotec up with a turbo or supercharger and give your brother a run for his money. as long as he does spend the same coin on his car lol

muzzuri

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
yeah i wanted to buy an ss but I couldn't find an ss that is nowhere near the condition of my vx, without paying over 15 grand plus now I have a fair amount of money to play with now (10 grand) I was also thinking about dropping an ls2 or ls3 depending on how everything goes because I don't have to worry about labour costs which could of been a significant amount of money lost. I thought about doing up the six but if I ever was going to do up six it would be a jza80 (supra engine)

muzzuri

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pack
anyone no where theres a place in w.a that are good tuners?

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
yeah i wanted to buy an ss but I couldn't find an ss that is nowhere near the condition of my vx, without paying over 15 grand plus now I have a fair amount of money to play with now (10 grand) I was also thinking about dropping an ls2 or ls3 depending on how everything goes because I don't have to worry about labour costs which could of been a significant amount of money lost. I thought about doing up the six but if I ever was going to do up six it would be a jza80 (supra engine)

So the 9 you spent on the vx and the 6 you are prepared to spend dropping in the new motor gets you an SS with less stuffing around and a better overall result. Especially if you then spent the extra 4k you have doing up the SS. You will also get better resale on an SS than a car with an engine swap. Who knows - maybe you could make a profit selling the S pac ...

It seems a shame to me to pull out a low k mint engine.