Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

newbie's VY

R Photon

I Like Bresciani Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Commodore
sweet car man...yeah once u get the tints its gonna look sick..thought about lowering it? it would make it look a bit tougher with those sweet mags..got any other plans for it?

grooVY

how big of a monkey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2
thanx R Photon. would love to lower it about 1"1/2, but it rides so sweetly on these crap country roads n mrs doesnt want it stiffened up at all.

in the near future just the tint, then plates and probably calais interior bits.

i don't know if performance mods will ever happen, hard cost for me to justify

ccecds

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
How many k's on the VY groovy, just want to know as I'm looking around myself for something similar

grooVY

how big of a monkey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2
1991_Vn2nV said:
any idea what plates?

yep, but don't know whether to let all know. in case someone else thinks they also like them. nothin as flash as your plates, i think yours are cool.

grooVY

how big of a monkey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2
ccecds said:
How many k's on the VY groovy, just want to know as I'm looking around myself for something similar

fabio has 95,000k on him, bit more than i wanted. but the price n colour we're right and he is in good nick. i would just shop around ccecds till you find exactly what you want, if your prepared to go through a dealer then just browse drive.com, carsguide etc. it's a buyers market and i reckon vy's will get a bit cheaper after ve comes out- DON'T FORGET THE VE LAUNCH IS WEBCAST TODAY ON NINEMSN VIDEO AT 10.30 EST!

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Thanks groovy. My baby is a 2004 VY SeriesII Exec. with 55,000kms on it. Picked it up about 6 weeks ago for an excellent price and its in excellent condition.

Yeah I am leaning towards 17" VZ SS rims at the moment - I would love 18's but need to weigh up the price difference and running costs (replacement tyres) etc. Plus you need to be more careful with bumps.

Picked up some personalized plates for it last month, and for interior I've recently got brand new VY S2 floor mats black/charcoal (front + rear) and dash mat. Floor mats alone really dress up the interior nicely. Last night I also picked up some Calais/SS Satin/Silver Auto Shifter and Handbrake Covers - few small things to dress it up further.

Will get the matching Door Vents and Door Handles in coming weeks - however I read somewhere that the matching Steering Wheel Spokes won't fit onto the hard rubber ones that come on VY S1/2 - can someone confirm this?

Once I get those few interior things on I'll look into my rims and lowering.

grooVY

how big of a monkey?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2
hey kipela did you get your satin covers off ebay? did they cost you much? i am also wanting to get them. yeah i also heard the steering wheel bits won't fit our car, but i think they might go on a leather wheel. can you post some pics of the interior so i can see what theyre like