Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

News Flash - Extra! Extra! Read All About It

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
“Why MUST we strive for perpetual ever expanding economic growth and consumption, at any cost?”

Because the people with all the money have to keep promising the plebs that they will get something better if they “just work hard enough”!

Once the realisation sets in that the rich have made off with everything and have pulled up the drawbridge on the way out the pitch forks come out. But of course they will be safe in their gated communities from any repercussions for stealing the common wealth.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Thing is, I haven't seen many pitch forks around, Australians seem quite content to have every bodily orifice reamed by the wealthy elites...
...who cannot afford to let our housing / land markets return to rational prices and a house price crash is simply unacceptable, it would literally crash our banks (they would become insolvent) and our entire economy would crumble....because it's foundation is built on massive amounts of financial debt.
Hence the unprecedented monetary and fiscal stimulus (bail-out) packages.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
It won’t be until it gets really bad, like Great Depression bad, that people will stop worrying about the football, royals, kardashians etc and start worrying about their own predicament and their own future. I think we might start to see a shift in the way people think in this country because about half the working population is about to find out what it’s like to be the downtrodden on Centrelink and maybe they will have some appreciation of the other side of the fence instead of just saying “oh well at least it will never happen to me”.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My greatest concerns are twofold. The first is what state our economy will be like at the end of this pandemic.
The second is how we will relate to China, given our dependance on that country for trade and investment.

Personally, I'd like the world to turn on China. Their arrogance and lack of concern for other countries deserves to bite them. Hard. Banning all Chinese imports, cutting exports to them of essentials, in effect, exercising the sort of trade restrictions on them that have been exercised over Iran and North Korea.
I just don't know if the world can afford to do it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My greatest concerns are twofold. The first is what state our economy will be like at the end of this pandemic.
The second is how we will relate to China, given our dependance on that country for trade and investment.

Personally, I'd like the world to turn on China. Their arrogance and lack of concern for other countries deserves to bite them. Hard. Banning all Chinese imports, cutting exports to them of essentials, in effect, exercising the sort of trade restrictions on them that have been exercised over Iran and North Korea.

Of course the world can afford to do it.....people just need to change their expectatons, i.e. no 84" TVs for $3k etc.

Now that the global economy is in the toilet, it is the best time to flip the bird at China and establish alternatives.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride

I don’t see that as a realistic proposition as the world collectively has put so many eggs in the China basket that to go “cold turkey” would put the world in a worse predicament than it’s already in. I can see there being a possible slow devolving of globalisation and returning at least partially to more localised production. The current system has always been a stupid proposition as it has as it’s ultimate aim a system with zero redundancy in it as the globalised capitalist system is always striving to reduce or eliminate all competition (ie; redundancy) as the pinnacle of capitalism is the monopoly which is what every business is wants to be! Hence their constant cozying up to the worlds only natural monopoly which is government!

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Multi-State or global collusion forcing economic sanctions onto one country affecting their entire population only ever hurts the little people.
It's archaic ideology and has never really solved humanities problems.
It creates more disharmony, resentment and enemies.

The entire world, the entire human race is in constant conflict and competition with itself.

Until we learn to cooperate with a common understanding, and be true to our higher potential as intelligent sentient beings we will never really fix the problems that we repeat generation after generation.
I've said it before, the fundamental change that is required to lift humanity to a better place must first come from the top down, it must start with those in positions of power, authority and wealth.

If there's no integrity, accountability, truth and honesty at the very top, how can you expect it to be any better down below.

Why does humanity always require some kind of existential threat or crisis to re-teach us how to cooperate and work together for the benefit of all.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Multi-State or global collusion forcing economic sanctions onto one country affecting their entire population only ever hurts the little people.
It's archaic ideology and has never really solved humanities problems.
It creates more disharmony, resentment and enemies.

The entire world, the entire human race is in constant conflict and competition with itself.

Until we learn to cooperate with a common understanding, and be true to our higher potential as intelligent sentient beings we will never really fix the problems that we repeat generation after generation.
I've said it before, the fundamental change that is required to lift humanity to a better place must first come from the top down, it must start with those in positions of power, authority and wealth.

If there's no integrity, accountability, truth and honesty at the very top, how can you expect it to be any better down below.

Why does humanity always require some kind of existential threat or crisis to re-teach us how to cooperate and work together for the benefit of all.

The human condition covering aspects of greed and selfishness on a large scale will never allow that to happen on a global scale.

This current threat still hasn't taught people to co-operate and work together for the benefit of all so not sure what will.

Wait until this situation worsens in Aus over the coming months.

TL;DR Humans are generally greedy selfish cnuts.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Before this virus pandemic, there were already millions of people suffering incredible hardship and loss.
While the wealthy and powerful bicker and compete with each other about who controls this and who owns that.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Donald Trump caught taking another break earlier today at Trump Tower

giphy.gif