Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Next Car

What should be my next car?

• XR5T

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GOLF GTI MK6

• MAZDA 3 MPS

• FOCUS ST

• WRX, WRX STI

• Total voters

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Also don't take everything people says are true, just because Bazza says it needs nothing for a roady doesn't mean all the bushes under it aren't shagged. Have a look under the car too, if you can pick warn parts that haven't been replaced shows how the car was treated to a degree. Or can be used as a bargaining tool depending on how you look at it.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
All of the above ^ ^also.
You can tell a lot from people in their advertisement in general. If they have crap and limited photos taken at night on terrible angles, haven't bothered to wash the car, degrees engine in the last 6 months, vacuum interior and empty junk from car. It shows they don't care enough to look after the car day to day let alone understand that potential buyers will be turned off by it.
Bullshit baffles brains.
You can also have a smart salesman who will make something look immaculate even when he knows the engines about to go boom.
Unless you do all above and compression test your fucked regardless.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
hey everyone, have been thinking a lot. and have been curious on the Colorado recently and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them and recent models?
i have been looking around and have only had a few snippets of information from people here and small reviews else where. can anyone tell me if would be a reliable ute? i will have to test them out at some point. but any problems that you guys have heard or know of?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Nothing wrong with them, I'd be buying one of them or a Ranger if I were after that sorta thing. You gotta buy a half decent specced one to get a reasonable interior though. As all the lower/mid range ones are very much POV packed tradies sorta deals, which are fine for their purpose, but not as nice to use all the time.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Best to figure out what you want to use it for and go from there.
Colorado's are nice (just ask Reaper) and their offshoot the DMax is also not bad to consider.
And seeing "Melbourne" as location, one thing to consider is toll roads as they come under light commercial not a car.

Was in a similar position were a dual cab or a van would have been ideal, except was driving daily on Citylink/Eastlink.
Went from $25 a day in tolls up to $41 if it was in a dual cab.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
4jj1 or 1kdftv are the go reliability wise if you’re looking into second hand 4 cyl common rail diesels. I’d own other brands but only if under warranty. Rangers are a nice car but certainly have their (expensive) issues.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I wouldn't buy a Colorado, personally. They are now discontinued along with all other Holden vehicles and the manufacturing plant has been sold to Great Wall. Spare parts may become an issue in a few short years (no matter what they've promised, GM have now proven themselves to be corporate liars).

I would look for a vehicle that is still supported by it's manufacturer rather than a brand that has been destroyed by its owners. Ford and Toyota may have withdrawn from making vehicles in Australia but at least they are still making cars to sell in Australia.

ps. I've owned a Ranger and a Hilux. The Hilux was the most reliable vehicle I have ever had in my life (had it for 11 years before I sold it).

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
I wouldn't buy a Colorado, personally. They are now discontinued along with all other Holden vehicles and the manufacturing plant has been sold to Great Wall. Spare parts may become an issue in a few short years (no matter what they've promised, GM have now proven themselves to be corporate liars).

I would look for a vehicle that is still supported by it's manufacturer rather than a brand that has been destroyed by its owners. Ford and Toyota may have withdrawn from making vehicles in Australia but at least they are still making cars to sell in Australia.

ps. I've owned a Ranger and a Hilux. The Hilux was the most reliable vehicle I have ever had in my life (had it for 11 years before I sold it).
yeah i have considered other alternatives and a hilux was one of them, not set in stone though so will be thinking on this for sometime
thank you