Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Next project on fixing up my VS (air con)

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
ok i have been doing alot of work on my VS in the last couple of months and the project is to get the air conditioning regased and checked over were is a cheap place in the east sides of Melbourne that does this?

08sky_way

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
I don't have any knowledge of the whereabouts of a suitable place to have this done in Melbourne. If it needs re-gassing then it has a leak. The service centres will usually put a dye in the system while re-gassing and then tell you to bring it back when it runs out. They have special glasses that can detect where the leak is when you bring it back about a year later after the performance falls off. You should not wash the motor down during this time. For each of the two VR's that I've owned I took a punt and asked the guy to replace the two 'O' rings that are located under the bracket bolted to the top of the compressor. The first VR was done in 2004. My son now owns this car and the AC is still working fine. My 'new' VR I've only owned since September 2010 and it needed a re-gas. I went through the same excercise by getting the 'O' rings replaced before re-gassing and the AC is working very well at the moment. It is probably too early to tell if there is still a leak in the system, but I'm confident (hopeful) that the problem has been fixed. Total cost of re-gas and seal replacement was $225.50 (includes $20 for the seals).

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
(Horse Power Factory Dandenong) have a special on Air Con regassing at the moment

I rang them up just b4 and its only $59 but thats only for the regas and not a check over but still alot cheaper then what i was getting when i was ringing up places like $130

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
good to know(up goes the vt this week)thanks
(Horse Power Factory Dandenong) have a special on Air Con regassing at the moment

I rang them up just b4 and its only $59 but thats only for the regas and not a check over but still alot cheaper then what i was getting when i was ringing up places like $130
neeed any other help ? just ask.stay cool with the new gassed up aircon...cheeeers