Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
Went out and purchased myself a nice shiny set of these, was a fair bit more than normal spark plugs but they're meant to be the in thing when it comes to spark plugs i guess?

First thing i noticed was the idle, alot smoother than the old ones, and the power right down low was alot better, instead of bogging down it pulled nicely in a higher gear, i can accelerate in 3rd from about 30km/h so it's much better, plus it revs alot quicker and nicer.

although i'm not too sure if the $96 for a set is justifyable, i'll have to wait and see what the bowser says (i'm already getting ~ 9-10l's per 100k's around the city.)

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
i got a set of those a couple years ago cost me $15 each or something...

Car idles better,starts first go,revs harder etc ...

they are good... and u should notice a little better economy but your getting good economy if u get 10l to 100km so i wouldnt expect much better.

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
gone_nutz13 said:
Went out and purchased myself a nice shiny set of these, was a fair bit more than normal spark plugs but they're meant to be the in thing when it comes to spark plugs i guess?
Or was that because they are just new plugs???

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
I put new TOP GUN 8.8mm Leads,New Bosch Super 4's in my vn ss JULY 06 190,000km service,new coolant,new oil + Filter, K & N Filter Service and she runs so well now with t/body cleaned out and tune 140.2kw on 98 octane.... revs nice,and enonomy is alot better but for a V8 there is really no such thing as economy! lol

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
gone_nutz13 said:

First thing i noticed was the idle, alot smoother than the old ones, and the power right down low was alot better, instead of bogging down it pulled nicely in a higher gear, i can accelerate in 3rd from about 30km/h so it's much better, plus it revs alot quicker and nicer.

although i'm not too sure if the $96 for a set is justifyable, i'll have to wait and see what the bowser says (i'm already getting ~ 9-10l's per 100k's around the city.)

Is that the Iridium IX's?

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
yeah mate iridium IX's, upon driving around today i noticed the huge changed, got major poke now!! i'd strongly suggest it, and how hard i've been driving it today i'm still getting 9-10l's per hundered k's stoked!! i think it might even be better than that.

but definately worth considering!!

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
i went to coventry's mate, did you just go to repco or something? coz they charge like 20 bucks each or somthing, coventry's were about 14 i think + gst so yeah ended up about 96 dollars for the lot.

what's your impression of them?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I paid $112 at Motoquipe for a set, but that was with some small discount, they were $21.99 each RRP as far as I remember...

Yeah I highly reccomend them as well man, definitely worth the money in my opinion. It was the first thing I did when I first bought my car. I've done 37,000km's since and they're still going great :thumbsup:
It made the idle excellent, and startup as well. A good buy.

Do you know what the reccomended change interval is for them?

gone_nutz13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 - 5.0
nah not sure hey, probably would have been written on the boxes but they're in the bin and it's way too cold to go fishing for them ha ha.
i'd say maybe a year or so? whats the normal rate? i'd probably say 3/4 life of normal plugs? but yeah i'm liking them more each time i drive!!