Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nice little chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Hey guys.

I went to heaven today ( HOLDEN CAR DEALER) i went to one that doesnt supply HSV as i would probs start crying.

I bought my car start of 2010(january) for about 38,000(brandnew) So far ive done 65,000Ks. Its auto, green and has black track stripes , i also got 20inch aftermarket rims.

Aniwaz, i hate auto with a passion so i went and lookd at the new Thunder utes Manuel, yellow. the guy qutoed me 28,000 for my car then 42,000 for the ute. I got few extras.

So then i went home to talk to the old man, he was okay with it then my uncle told my him that i wasnt alowd to get a v8 :( </3 because im only on my red Ps i was shattered, i wanted to cry. lol

Aniwaz he said to look at the v6 thunders. so we got a quote for 33,000. MANUEL :D do you guys think its worth it?

On my sv6 its sedan and im gona lower it , intake, tune, manifolds, and a full exhaust system, sound system and a few little extras like lights and stuff. If a buy the ute however he said i wont be able to do whatever i want, he wont let me touch the engine:( only exhaust. and tint.
and also i wouldnt be able 2 drive it the as comfortalbe as my sv6 sedan atm.

One last thing, i love going out, so 5 seats is very good for me because i always have people in the car..

Whats your opionons guys?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Buy a manual sedan?

But then its the same car practically :S with my sedan i get to put an intake, tune, soundsystem, exhaust etc. which the old man is paying for it all.

in 3 years he will be buying me a Brand new gts, and supercharge it.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'd get the ute - it's a massive plus not having to cart around a car full of people! Just you and lunch, you and the dog, you and a mate, you and the missus, or whatever (and yes, before anyone asks they are in random order - except for lunch).

I wouldn't call it Manuel - only the the V8 engines are made in Mexico. Perhaps Trevor?

It makes sense to do the swap if you want to be driving a manual (yes, the car name was a dig at the typo - sorry mate) - and to be honest, you won't really get great kw/dollar gains from the V6 - so I wouldn't necessarily see not being able to do heaps of work on it as a bad thing.

Plus, Hazard looks great on the utes and the darker wheels will set that off nicely.

Why wouldn't you be as comfortable in it as your sedan?

Cars full of people are overrated. The only downside to a ute is that you can't even pretend it's ok to drive in a T3 lane.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
But then its the same car practically :S with my sedan i get to put an intake, tune, soundsystem, exhaust etc. which the old man is paying for it all.

in 3 years he will be buying me a Brand new gts, and supercharge it.

????? then why on earth waste a ton of cash modding an SV6 in the mean time? Keep it simple and save the dough for the GTS.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
keep ur current car imo

edit: +1 what tinny said about saving money for the GTS, i was thinking the same thing

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
I'd get the ute - it's a massive plus not having to cart around a car full of people! Just you and lunch, you and the dog, you and a mate, you and the missus, or whatever (and yes, before anyone asks they are in random order - except for lunch).

I wouldn't call it Manuel - only the the V8 engines are made in Mexico. Perhaps Trevor?

It makes sense to do the swap if you want to be driving a manual (yes, the car name was a dig at the typo - sorry mate) - and to be honest, you won't really get great kw/dollar gains from the V6 - so I wouldn't necessarily see not being able to do heaps of work on it as a bad thing.

Plus, Hazard looks great on the utes and the darker wheels will set that off nicely.

Why wouldn't you be as comfortable in it as your sedan?

Cars full of people are overrated. The only downside to a ute is that you can't even pretend it's ok to drive in a T3 lane.

Some good points there tbh, ive already had a vz ute and i didnt like the fact that i could only carry one person, tho i lovd that i didnt have 2 drop everyone of home it was only my best mate, but it sometimes got anoying coz i couldnt fit my 2 type x alpine subs (6000wats) and in my boot at the moment i have my clothes, im studying so my books and my subs, aswel as little other things.

See if i do buy the ute, the same thing is gona happen i reacon with the vz, im gona hate it and want a sedan. I really dont know, i also do alot of Ks. Also my old man was saying wait for the VF to come out.

Oh btw if this buying of car does happen it will happen in november ONLY. no sooner :(

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
btw i hope u have the street drifting out of ur system when the time comes to get ur supercharged GTS

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
????? then why on earth waste a ton of cash modding an SV6 in the mean time? Keep it simple and save the dough for the GTS.

Just want to be able to have a car that will still keep the smile on my face. and the gts will have enough money as my dad has promised me supercharger ONLY so the rest wont be two expensive i guess :p

thats also why im sort of thinking of gettting a v6 again, because my gts will drain lots of fuel and i dont wana kill the car by Ks so drive the v6 each other day.

my cousins drive,
STI
MANARO
SENTOR
CLUBBY R8
S15
S13
DC2R
R32 GTST
R34 GTST

so my car is sorta the slowest :( but im the youngest i guess... Btw the fastest is the SENTOR :D

Status
Not open for further replies.