Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nick88's VS Caprice

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Hey guys, just purchased this last weekend(4/4/09) thought id chuck up some pics so you can see, got some plans for her, but first i gotta get rid of my other car and fix this one up a bit..the usual oil leaks etc to get it to my standard..lol
any way enjoy...

1996 Holden VS Caprice
Supercharged V6 (L67)
Standard Auto
Standard Diff(single pegger...hopefully not for too long)
Standard suspension( again hopefully not for too long)
Stereo is comming along slowly as i pull it out of my other car

Image236.jpg

Image238.jpg

Image240.jpg

Image241.jpg

Image243.jpg

Image245.jpg

Image246.jpg

Image248.jpg

Image252.jpg

Nick

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
nice mate to bad about the hood ornament being broken off (edit) noticed you have a new one what model is that off and where /how much it set you back if you dont mind me asking....
how much did it set you back and how many km's on it?
whats it go like compared to the calais?

mitch

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks awesome mate nice choice. Love the look of the standard caprice wheels.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
thankz for comment guys, the new bonnet badge is off a WH stato, cost me about $60 i think(but i work for holden so got it cheaper) it sits a bit further back than the original one so you can see a little mark where the orig used to sit..but im not fussed
its done 241***kms but ive put a newer dash in reading 165***km and i got it for a steal..$4800!:)

yea i like the caprice wheels to..for now till i can afford something better, should look better lowered!:)
Caprice goes heaps better than the calais(that has full exhaust, CAI) alot smoother and comfy ride to(till i lower it)
Nick

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
Ive finally got most of my stereo gear in now(will get pics soon) and have replaced all drive belts/pulleys, new rocker cover, LIM and supercharger gaskets and welded up the two coolant holes in the LIM to save having to bleed the cooling system every time the charger comes off, also changed the charger oil, engine oil, new coolant and soon a trans service

Nick

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
ok still no pics of the stereo as yet(waiting on my headunit atfer i bought a brand new $600 one and it wouldnt play cds! BAH), did my rear springs and shocks yesterday at work, sits alot better... still gotta do the fronts when i can be bothered!

Image276.jpg

Image278.jpg

Image280.jpg

Image281.jpg

Image283.jpg

who likes camber? lol

also bought an IRS LSD diff, just waiting to find some 3.45 diff gears before i install it:)

Nick

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
got king springs SSL in the rear, and ive got SL to go in the front, Rims i might leave for a while... i kinda like the look of the caprice rims, i will eventually get some new rims tho

Nick

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
aight finally got some new pics!! after a month or so of waiting i finally got my headunit back from pioneer, and my gauge install pluz a few random shots;

Image304.jpg

Image305.jpg

Image310.jpg

Image297.jpg

Image306.jpg

Pioneer splits which fitted perfectly in the door trim and tweeter on dash :)
Image307.jpg

Image313.jpg

ICE ignition leads :)
Image314.jpg

Image315.jpg

WH Badge up close, as you can see there is a mark from the old badge left on the bonnet round the D/S, but im not fussed as it looks 1000x better
Image316.jpg

Nick