Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nickel metallic 348N VE commodore

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Iv just done a repair and sprayed a front guard and a rear door with the colorspec acrylic mixed at super cheap 348N. I’m told proper enamels n 2k clears are bad for ya n have to be done in a shed or booth so I didn’t use them, opted the acrylic stuff. Apparently there’s a lighter shade 348N listed under the same code and a Vauxhall version 348N for Astra
The nickel metallic iv sprayed n cleared to suit my vehicle code is very noticeably a darker shade, vehicle is 13 yrs old and must’ve faded a bit. Any1 got any tips or advice to color matching n blending. I can see if an automotive paint retailer can mix up a color match to suit a wing mirror or fuel cap sample, not sure if paint shops offer that service. I’m not really excited about the thought of spraying the rest of the car. Last time I did a whole car in a car port I wasn’t popular with the neighbor but it come up pretty good. A good tutorial link to blending into adjacent panel shades would be a great help too, that’s something I’d like to have a go at, saw a few you tube vids but still not 100% on how it shud be done

Last edited:

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I’ve just sprayed my bumper in 348N and it came out a pretty close match.I also have the Vauxhall/Astra silver aswell . Side by side they are so close in colour it’s Hard to tell by eye. Will try a small repair to stone chips on my bonnet with the Vauxhall paint and if it doesn’t match close I will paint over with 348N

Attachments

• C8C8BF23-F5BF-44C2-9659-BDB0E2B3FAE3.jpeg
    C8C8BF23-F5BF-44C2-9659-BDB0E2B3FAE3.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 693
  • 755A2BB9-5074-42FC-8F6B-76F6937B2AC1.jpeg
    755A2BB9-5074-42FC-8F6B-76F6937B2AC1.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 676
  • 88DEFE66-910C-4CB1-943A-0D49C26D2FBB.jpeg
    88DEFE66-910C-4CB1-943A-0D49C26D2FBB.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 809

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
I’ve just sprayed my bumper in 348N and it came out a pretty close match.I also have the Vauxhall/Astra silver aswell . Side by side they are so close in colour it’s Hard to tell by eye. Will try a small repair to stone chips on my bonnet with the Vauxhall paint and if it doesn’t match close I will paint over with 348N
Love the look of that front end. How do those sequential indicator head lights perform? What globe do they use for the headlight? I assume its 1 globe seeing as there seems to be only 1 light opening?
I like that 6.0L grille badge too, never seen one before.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
Love the look of that front end. How do those sequential indicator head lights perform? What globe do they use for the headlight? I assume its 1 globe seeing as there seems to be only 1 light opening?
I like that 6.0L grille badge too, never seen one before.
The headlights use a H7 bulb either led or halogen. I’ve got 5000k halogen bulbs and they’re really bright but have them adjusted down not to blind oncoming traffic. Yes I’m pretty happy with how the bumper turned out. Took my time doing it.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Iv just done a repair and sprayed a front guard and a rear door with the colorspec acrylic mixed at super cheap 348N. I’m told proper enamels n 2k clears are bad for ya n have to be done in a shed or booth so I didn’t use them, opted the acrylic stuff. Apparently there’s a lighter shade 348N listed under the same code and a Vauxhall version 348N for Astra
The nickel metallic iv sprayed n cleared to suit my vehicle code is very noticeably a darker shade, vehicle is 13 yrs old and must’ve faded a bit. Any1 got any tips or advice to color matching n blending. I can see if an automotive paint retailer can mix up a color match to suit a wing mirror or fuel cap sample, not sure if paint shops offer that service. I’m not really excited about the thought of spraying the rest of the car. Last time I did a whole car in a car port I wasn’t popular with the neighbor but it come up pretty good. A good tutorial link to blending into adjacent panel shades would be a great help too, that’s something I’d like to have a go at, saw a few you tube vids but still not 100% on how it shud be done
I guess you could either:
1) Paint the whole side - having painted front guard and rear door, i would have painted front door as well and blended the rear quarter panel. when painting the rear door, paint about 15-20cm of the base coat on the rear 1/4, then fade it out. Then clear coat the whole quarter panel including the roof panel above the doors.
2) You could find an automotive paint shop that could mix and colour match for you. there is a fantastic shop in sydney that does it. ot sure if i can plug a business on here as kinda new so dont know the rules around that.

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
The headlights use a H7 bulb either led or halogen. I’ve got 5000k halogen bulbs and they’re really bright but have them adjusted down not to blind oncoming traffic. Yes I’m pretty happy with how the bumper turned out. Took my time doing it.
I'm curious how that works having High/Low beams with a single globe?

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm curious how that works having High/Low beams with a single globe?
There’s a shutter in projector lights that partially blocks the light beam. When you turn on hi beam the shutter moves allowing the full light beam to shine thru.

Corycory

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 60th anniversary
Hey mate were did you get the 6.0l grille badge from? I must have one but cant find them anywhere haha

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate were did you get the 6.0l grille badge from? I must have one but cant find them anywhere haha
I got it from a member named ziggy about 5 or 6 years back. He made them but i dont know if he still does them.