Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GradyT

Reaction score
Members Ride
NIL
NIL

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey there, if this is not the right place for this thread, I do sincerely apologise.

I just had a quick question regarding a 2016 Commodore Evoke.

So I'm currently 17 and will most likely be purchasing an ex-fleet evoke in late Decemeber this year before my 18th.

It is ugly and boring stock, so I thought I would put an Xforce exhausts system or muffler on just to make it more "mine".

I have since come to realise that the Evoke only has a singular exhaust (I never realized), so I need some guidance. Is it possible to buy a single muffler for the evokes singular exhaust, or should I definitely go ahead and get a whole new exhaust system..

Can you even install dual exhausts on a stock single exhaust system? Any help is appreciated..

Cheers

P.S seen a tonne of messages saying v6 upgrades are pointless and I'm not debating that, I simply would like to know if you can put dual exhausts on a single stock system.
I can’t help with the exhaust but yes you can tune better performance out of the e39 ECU and worthwhile doing the tranny as well. Has programmable twin cam VVT and high comp direct injection.
Cost for tune and OTR is less than a grand, yes worth it to make it yours. Would do a mini overhaul first, make sure is fit for task.

GradyT

Reaction score
Members Ride
NIL
NIL

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey there,

sorry buddy I'm relatively new to this forum, so for being naïve.

What do you mean when you refer to a mini overhaul, to make sure it is fit for the task? As in fit for the tune?

Also, In your opinion is it worth doing the tune for extra power, see I'm not all that interested in power as a first car, certainly down the track, I just want to give it a throatier sound in the mean time.

Also really seeking answers for my questions regarding exhaust, where do you suggest I go for those?

Cheers again man.
Just meant that it needs to be ship-shape and serviced before mods is all.
OTR and tune will put a smile on your dial.
You probably won’t realise the extra power if it bit you in the bum, seriously. That’s what’s called seat of pants dyno.
It’s the way performance is delivered and car behaves more like you would like rather than one size fits all.
So acceleration and sound and throttle response as well as rev better and economy. But sure you can get a laminated dyno chart for a couple of hundgy. Not worth it.

GradyT

Reaction score
Members Ride
NIL
NIL

Last edited: