Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nissan RB CAM qustions

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
coz i was told same series engines (like the RB) cams can be swaps for more proformence

Where did you hear that? I doubt this is true. If you were really going for performance, you would probably go for a specific after market cam any way, not just "any SOH cam from another RB engine" (I mean, come on, that's pretty vague), especially one that caters for a smaller stroke and bore. But, I have no idea if this is true, they might even have exactly the same cam for all I know (which I don't). You might have to ask at a Skyline forum.

Or were you talking about a head swap that has an RB30 bottom end and an RB25/26 head, which makes it a twin cam RB30 (RB30DE)?

*It is my understanding that any of the above twin-cam heads will bolt up to RB30, though im sure there would be clearance/compression issues with the RB20.

It kinda bolts on, but it takes a fair bit of work to get it going. The RB20DE head won't fit (to my knowledge) because the cylinder bore on the RB20 is smaller than on the RB30.

Last edited:

Abrowne70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2, VL 5sp Berlina Wagon
how about.... AN AFTERMARKET CAM, save the hassles

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
This is probably just some confusion because with most/all? Nissan twin cam engines you can take one or both of the cams from the NA version and use them on the turbo motors and you gain a little power. Putting a reground cam to whatever specs you want in a RB30 is a fairly cheap excersize so you may as well go that way

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
he's actually right to a degree, a popular cam swap for a period was to put the nissan GTS cam from the nissan R31 gts or gts 2 into the vl commodore rb30 these have a much more aggressive profile.

so i'd say who ever told you this was referring to the gts cams. Wade still make them you can by it from them.

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
he's actually right to a degree, a popular cam swap for a period was to put the nissan GTS cam from the nissan R31 gts or gts 2 into the vl commodore rb30 these have a much more aggressive profile.

so i'd say who ever told you this was referring to the gts cams. Wade still make them you can by it from them.

ok cool but also i was told this a couple of years ago so i cant remember his eggzact words
but it was something like that

does anyone know where i can get a gts cam?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
does anyone know where i can get a gts cam?

If you re-read the post above yours, it says that WADE still make them. Still, you should look at other after market options too, that could be better bang for buck.

BIG DYL

BIG DYL
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT calais
i think you should go back to school. They do teach english there.

how bout **** you i may not be the smart's person in the world ok so **** off

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
i think you should go back to school. They do teach english there.

Yeah, bit harsh. It's not like he was speaking in txt or in fullee sik. I could read his posts fine (except that one he wrote in a rush or whatever), and if you've seen other threads where I've had a whinge about people's writing, I'm pretty picky.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8