Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
Looks good :D kit can be changed if it bothers you, if you like it leave it.
should be able to get a skinny flat blade in the indent on the RHS of the picture and gently lever it out

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Yeah I'll probably change the front one at some stage.
Okay cool thanks man. I wanted some advice before I tried anything.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Got to love crappy fibreglass bars.

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Got to love crappy fibreglass bars.

Yeah man. Looked at previous photos and looked like it had been fixed up previously. That front bar has had some repair that the previous owner did. Passes alright so I might get some fibreglass filler or something.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Get a factory plastic bar. It took me 2 months to find one for the skyline and it wasnt exactly cheap but it was worth it

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
those series 2 M type fronts are by far better than their shitty arse series 1 brothers. the lines in the bonnet and square headlights look far far better than the old round style IMO. if i HAD to have a 33, it'd be the M type.

that style aftermarket bar looks pretty nice when theyre done properley, you need to ditch those fkn god-aweful NARVA indicators and find the clear ones that sit recessed into it. the ones fitted are not the ones that come with the bar, some aussie douche has fitted them. redo all the gaps with new meshing (pllllease make sure you have the mesh the right way round so the rad still gets air) and youll be a lot happier with it (if you keep it)

the interior light just pops open. stick a small blade screw driver in the little 'slot' you can see on the left of pic towards the on/off button. lever the screwdiver so it slightly bends the clear plastic and itll shoot off. i havnt broken one to date, but then again i havnt worked on one for about 6 years so...

sideskirts: the M type have plastic side skirts that are different to series 1, they have screws in each wheel arch and are stuck on with double sided tape to the sill. the rear are mostly double sided taped on, 3 screws in the wheel arch and 1 or 2 underneath, there maaaaay be a screw inside the boot, but memory doesnt serve very well. problem with your current skirts is they make the car sit too low, hence why you need so much wheel arch :p honestly, the M-type skirts dont look too bad and mean you can get moar lower.

just out of curiosity. does this have a green compliance plate or a red one? who imported it? should say on the plate.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
for those playing at home, series 1 'round style'
R33_3.jpg

unhappy eyes, no definition in bonnet, the whole front end rounded off.

series 2 M-type:
6661451D-AB83-4C51-9B14-2464427EE485.jpg

agressive lines. squared off, angry eyes. more defined.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat