Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
dunno what the bar is, just know the indicators dont belong :p

lol, trying to find pics of an unmolested M-type is next to impossible. anyway, here is sort-of one.
IMG_5087-copy.jpg

the lower bar piece is an aftermarket addon. the rest is all factory (side skirts, spoiler, etc). the red bar you posted above is series 1. M type spec 2 had the square rear spoiler which also came optional on late (95 ish era) series 1's, but came on all series 2's. front bar and side skirts brought more into line with the older R32's squared off shape. i think series 1 sales were less than expected, they trended back to the older 'boxy' styling that they kept for the 34's.

sales were low because the car was a pig. took them ages to get the chassis stiffening right. even the exhaust systems were poorly designed, youll see the series 2's have a bunch of 'dead weights' welded to the zorsts to stop the shaking around so much. the series 2's were a big step forward in engineering, then (thankfully) they dropped it altogether and went R34. there is a series 3 R33 but theyre pretty rare, think ive only ever imported 2 maybe 3 of them. from memory only difference was interior and a few extra colours, like a really nice blue.

the "R33 GTR projectors" are just stock series 2 xenons.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah indicators on the 400R bars look kind of fail no matter what you do. On a street car anyway it was more of an afterthought. If I ever had to own one again it would probably be a later Series 1 with the series 2 wing and the different front bar.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i dunno, these indicators look ok to me:
1996-nissan-gt-r-r33-nismo-400r.jpg

you can get them in clear too which are ADR spec. not sure where from though. i have to check part numbers (dot, E, ADR etc) on lights and i recall a few of these lights being genuine ichikoh/nissan so id guess theyre from another car.

edit: just realised thats a series 1 :p fail, but the indicators are the same as what im on about

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
lol, trying to find pics of an unmolested M-type is next to impossible. anyway, here is sort-of one.
IMG_5087-copy.jpg

the lower bar piece is an aftermarket addon. the rest is all factory (side skirts, spoiler, etc).

This girlfriends R33 GTS-T is indentical to this the M spec side skirts are the same as GTS's (just picked up spares for $100) her's is factory with that lip n driving lights and GTR rear spoiler too

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Okay yes it a 400r bar and when it find a S2 one I'll put that on. I just hope that these skirts I have on now can be covered up with the M spec ones.
I just washed it and the whole body kit is a bit boring now.

Edit: I hope the skirts cover any paint scratches that the current skirts have added. If this makes any sense to you then, yay.