Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

nitrous

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
I want to run nitrous on my dedicated dragger and im trying to do it on a tight ass budget too see how fast i can go without spending a fortune. I have found plenty of cheap nos kits with 4barrel plates but cant find any thatll go straight onto my vn. My question is, is there a way to make your own plate to squirt the nos into the throttle body or not? I think I could make one out of either nylon or tefflon and use the jets from the 4 barrel plate but just want to make sure if this is possible before I blow myself to pieces. Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
ive been there and done that approx 6 years ago now, started of buying a efi mustang kit, and it just grew from there, in the end i was pumping a approx 380hp shot of nitrous.

list of broken components as followed, engine mounts approx 4 sets, 8 harmonic balancers, forgot how many tyres?, transmission etc.

ran a 11.3 1/4mile at 122mph from a v6.

so be careful as it gets addictive, and then turns costly, the biggest drama i had was when i ran out of nos after approx 5 shots, my night was over.

suggest when fitting nos kit, get a modified 2 stage tune done to suit the car, so when nos is activated changes timing and fuel mixtures, otherwise you will blow a engine.

I hope this info helps, good luck with your decision any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Yea i think those setups your talking about are for carbs which is a totally different setup. I have a nos kit here im selling but its for a 202. The jets between these kits are totaly different. You dont really need it tapped into the tb my mate has set up his just before the tb. But yea as enhancedss said its very addictive thats why i have no motor for my kit :(

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
how much did u want for the 202 kit

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
$400 with matching 350 Holley, Redline torker11 manifold, instructions ect ect. Sorry but no bottle of airfilter. I have a Crane Cams timing retard dial module that ill throw in to.