Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No chat of Bathurst 2019 WTF?

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
Call yourself Holden enthusiasts ? :cool::rolleyes: Where's the spirit? Yeah we've been dominated & had the **** kicked out of us this year but we gotta stick with it. Or are we beaten & finally lost the Holden/Ford battle that's been going for generations now that 'Home grown' is no more?

Not one thread started about Bathurst this year. Is it just me or is the greatest race losing it's shine?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
When GM left town i lost total interest - have not watched Bathurst or any V8SC since VF left the building.

I hate the ZB and don't want to look at it for an entire day or cheer it on (yes i know it's not the road car) but just seeing it reminds me of how depressing it is that GM-H is dead.

The shine is completely gone. Holden is gone, RIP the great race.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Well I went to work yesterday and thought bugger this, I’m taking annual leave for a couple of days and have been watching since lunchtime yesterday.
I would prefer they were production race cars, but it is what it is, and I love the sound of the V8’s screaming down Conrod.
We got Foxtel earlier in the year, and there is some great coverage.

Magnum61

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Magnum
When GM left town i lost total interest - have not watched Bathurst or any V8SC since VF left the building.

I hate the ZB and don't want to look at it for an entire day or cheer it on (yes i know it's not the road car) but just seeing it reminds me of how depressing it is that GM-H is dead.

The shine is completely gone. Holden is gone, RIP the great race.

I'm hearin ya 100%. But what else do we have? It's the only race I get excited about. I love watching the nostalgic's & Stadium trucks would be friggin awesome to see go around Bathurst.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I'm hearin ya 100%. But what else do we have? It's the only race I get excited about. I love watching the nostalgic's & Stadium trucks would be friggin awesome to see go around Bathurst.

i clocked out of motor racing tbh, it's depressing but i'm not cheering for bloody ZB's mate.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
@Magnum61 the biggest problem is if you have poverty TV like I do there’s just nothing on about the Supercars and when there is it’s a 1 hour highlights with 45mins of ads.

I am thinking I’ll sign up to Kayo today (14 day free trial) and streaming it all.

The zb stuff doesn’t really bother me I’m more a drivers fan (Gisbergen especially in the wet and McLaughlin) yes I know McLaughlin is on the dark side but sh*t he can drive.

Yes the mustangs are dominating but if you think back to the VE/VF days it dominated just as much.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I haven't seen one race this year but I do plan on catching the Top 10 tomorrow , race day and maybe some qualifying today too.

I haven't had a great deal of interest in supercars for some time now although I do watch Bathurst every year, coz its Bathurst, a great track and you never know what you are going to get = less chance of a parade.

I am also one for modified production car racing instead of this COTF rubbish, hence my general apathy for the class.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Well that was pretty much the result I expected from Bathurst the mustang was taking everyone to gapsville on mountain straight and conrod taking out like 5 overtaking opportunities.

I do feel sorry for cam waters he was on for a really good result but that’s Bathurst for you.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Would also prefer to see production cars.
Was a topic of discussion at work today.
I watched some old 80's and 90's clips of the race and watching it was far more exciting and captivating. Even Mr5 came over and watched with me. We watched lots on youtube. Played part of a race from this year and he lost interest and wandered off. I lost interest.

Haven't watched racing for years, it is over professional. It's like watching a board meeting.

I used to have Dick Johnson in the Green XE on my wall as a little fella. I recall watching "that" crash of his. Was horrific.
I loved the years when the Euro touring cars joined the race. I think it brought spice to the Great Race.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Been losing interest in the sport. It's run by morons that love ruining races, constant parity changes to cover their mistakes on not testing cars properly before the season to get parity correct and most sadly, all 3 cars have little relevance to what we drive on the road. The Mustang looks ridiculous, the Commodore isn't a commodore and don't get me started on the Nissan (which wont be there next year anyway). Congrats to Ford today anyway even though I'm a Holden fan but sadly they did Fabian wrong, he should have been on podium.