Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no constant power wire in vx??

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Hey guys, trying to help out a mate who has made a mess of his loom and cut the harness up. so now its up to me to try and rejoin it up to the kenwood loom.

although we cant find the 12v constant power, listed by many on the net as orange/white.

any ideas if this is a different colour or where this wire is???

it has to be somewhere

any help would be great

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Check the fuse mate, i would say its blown.

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
yeah we checked them and went over it with a tester, somethings not right, but still seems weird that other vxs have a orange/white constant wire and there is non to be seen in this loom, hooked up through acc it all works though just need the constant

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Thats a strange one.....no orange/white in the loom at all?

How bad did your mate cut the wiring harness up?

If all else fails and you simply cant find it....run a 12-16 gauge wire from the battery and to the head-unit (fused within 30cm of the terminal).

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
well he has just cut the end of the harness adaptor off, i dare say it will be there, it would have to be for the stock head unit that worked, worst comes to worst he will just have to run another power wire when he does one for the amp.

just strange that there is no orange one?

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
So your saying there's no orange/white wire in the harness adaptor wires that he cut or in the stock wiring loom?

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
have you maybe attatched it to another wire. jsut couldnt see the colors right and you attatched it to something else?

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
thats the only thing i think that may have been done, he already had some hooked up he said were right, they probs aren't,

it was only a 10 min look over today to try and figure out what mess he has gotten into, i reakon ill just have to pull it down and start again, but still there was no notable orange/white wire

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
take a good look at it man its gotta be there, otherwise your stock headunit wouldnt have been running

jme2412

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
take a good look at it man its gotta be there, otherwise your stock headunit wouldnt have been running

Just pulled apart my vx stereo and found no orange/white wire too. I'm pretty sure The constant is the orange/black on my harness.

Wiring up my new alpine so hopefully my guess is right. Can anyone else let me know if they found the same issue.