Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no cut half cage?

Vf Wayneo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss, ve senny, 1.5j is200
anyone have a hook up for a no cut half cage for VE?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What exactly do you mean by no cut? I assume its a street car and you're wanting bolt in, but cages don't really require cutting as a general thing. Main thing would be the rear legs usually attach on the wheel arches or similar area, so would require you to have the top half of the rear seat removed when in use.

Vf Wayneo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss, ve senny, 1.5j is200
What exactly do you mean by no cut? I assume its a street car and you're wanting bolt in, but cages don't really require cutting as a general thing. Main thing would be the rear legs usually attach on the wheel arches or similar area, so would require you to have the top half of the rear seat removed when in use.

I want to be able to return the car to a stock form after the event i am going to attend, and i have a 1 of 1 hsv build so im keen to not ruin the car in general.

Have you got anyone that makes half cages for VE that would be good to talk to?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Even a bolt in cage will require a set of bolt holes on each leg. There's no getting around that. But if you're ok with that and possibly having to have them welded up after you remove the cage for good. I have a couple of guys in Melbourne I would certainly recommend, especially the guy who did my Skyline. AdMoFab (Adelaide Motorsport Fabrication) do some pretty good work from what I've seen, so would be a good start for you, but I don't really know of anyone else in SA as I've never really needed to.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
AGI - https://www.agi-precision.com.au/pr...t-in/holden/holden-commodore-gen-4-2006-2013/

They're pretty well regarded, they make a lot of cages specifically for different racing classes and divisions.

What are you doing? If it's just the odd track day or test and tune day I probably wouldn't bother. Still a decent amount of effort to get the cage into the car and you'll have to remove the carpet if you don't want holes in it.