Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No dash lights

Freddo_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Hey guys, the other day my mate was helpin me install some neons and while he was doin it i noticed that my dash lights flashed on and off, i wasnt sure if my eyes were playin up on me so i didn't worry about it. After the neons were installed i started up my car and turned my headlights on and the dash lights didn't turn on. Next day i checked the fuses and noticed that the fuse for the dash lights had blown aswell as the park lights fuse. I changed the fuses and turned the headlights on, the fuse for the dash lights blew again but the park lights fuse didn't. I took the car back to my mate and he found that he didn't earth a wire properly, so he earthed the wire and replaced the fuse. I turned the headlights on and this time the fuse didn't blow but the dash lights still didnt come on. Does anyone know what is goin on with my car?

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
check the bulbs, maybe the they blew aswell.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
check the bulbs, maybe the they blew aswell.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Dont know what happened with my quick post!!!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like the neons were trying to earth thru the dash bulbs and putting out more than 12 volts otherwise the bulbs wont blow. As Holden007 says, check the bulbs.
There is a virus floating around that makes double posts (then 4, 8, 16, 32 etc)so check for a virus holden007!