Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No fuel???

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
G'day guys!
Over the last week ive been having MAJOR issues with my BOMBodore. Last wednesday, i was at my mums and got in the car to leave and no go; Started for about 20 seconds and died. Ended up getting her towed to my uncles shop and having the fuel pump replaced. Got back in her and worked like a charm! Drove an hour back to my place in wilberforce, went to start her and once again, no joy. Had the fuel pump replaced again, drove her back to mine. Started her this morning, perfect. Took the missus to work in penrith, did some errands, came back home. Went to start her up and heard the familiar crank and no rev.

Aside from the fuel pump; what the bloody hell could cause this? Its giving me the shits something chronic!

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Is the Immobiliser light on the dash going out before you are trying to start it ?

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Had a look today, some of the injectors arent pumping. Slight leak in the fuel line coming from the firewall?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I know the feeling, but don't scrap it.
What you have diagnosed is not that hard to fix.
The leak is probably coming from a connection where the flexible rubber hose joins with the hard line, as you said at the fire wall.
Probably just a matter of re crimping it, or a new connection.

As far as the injectors go.....They just may need a good clean, or get a change over set if new ones are out of your price range.

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
I know the feeling, but don't scrap it.
What you have diagnosed is not that hard to fix.
The leak is probably coming from a connection where the flexible rubber hose joins with the hard line, as you said at the fire wall.
Probably just a matter of re crimping it, or a new connection.

As far as the injectors go.....They just may need a good clean, or get a change over set if new ones are out of your price range.
How would i go about recrimping it? Or would i be better off getting a screw clamp for it? As far as injectors go there's a place near my mum that does it so ill have a look into it. Where were you the other day before i ripped my car apart for valuables! Haha!

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Being a fuel line it would be safer to get it done professionally.
It wouldn't take much for them to fix it.

I just found today that I have a very small coolant leak from the welch plug just above the starter motor.
It's going in Friday to get fixed.
That busted my plans for a 2 hour road trip to Sunbury.
There's always something.....

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
So, after reading on the forums that some people have been having problems with their fuel gauges, i decided to fill up a jerry can and see if she'd start. Unfortunately she's been sitting for so long that the battery is flat. Thinking about possibly getting it towed back to my uncles garage and having him look it it... There goes my tax!