Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Glovebox light in 2006 VZ

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
My previous car a VYIISS had an alloy footrest pedal. My current ride, VZ SSZ has a black plastic one. It seems Holden are becoming real tight arses.

Dogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Crewman
Get over it...

Cutting cost you guessed it. I'm surprised we even have a car industry in this country.. People complain about the cost of the car yet everyone is demanding higher wages.

Holden has got to compete against Hyundai and Kia were they pay there people 5 bucks and a bowl of rice, yet here they want 38 hr week and 40 k plus a year. Add it up

I bet if you had a build sheet and had glove box light $30 you probably wouldn’t click the option.

“It seems Holden are becoming real tight arses”

no the public are the tight arses… Holden are just doing what the public wants…

cheaper cars!

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Dogz said:
I bet if you had a build sheet and had glove box light $30 you probably wouldn’t click the option.

“It seems Holden are becoming real tight arses”

no the public are the tight arses… Holden are just doing what the public wants…

cheaper cars!

Mate I'm part of the public community and I'd have to say that yes I would ask for a glovebox light... What's $30 on a $40k+ car? Sheesh

If I was a tight arse I'd be cruisin round in a 4cyl on gas with no glovebox light! hehe :yeah:

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
yep, just checked, got a glovebox light on my VZ Calais. I knew I must have paid $10,000 extra for something......no "door open" warning light though.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
twb1979 said:
Series II VZ's also don't have the alloytec badges on the fenders on the exec's/acclaims/SV6's/Berlinas and Calais..

Newer VZ exec's are missing that bump strip on the doors also.

Cost cutting:mad:

rgds

Tom/WA

The thing with holden is, if they have a problem with a part on a model, their simple fix is to delete it. That is why the series2 vz dont have the outer door body mould, they have to many warranty claims with them cracking and falling off. It gets really expensive when the vehicle that have them are colour coded, so the part has to go away to be painted.
In regards to the alloytec badges, i believe with the Euro3 emission laws that came in on Jan 1st this year, they had to detune the motor, so the 175kw version alloytec wasnt quite 175 anymore. It lost a couple or so kw.

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Yeah I appreciate what you saying hkmonaro68, but the alloytec badges on the Executives just say "V6 ALLOYTEC", nothing to do with 172 or 175 kws.

The new SV6 don't have the badges either and they are still a 190kw engine as far as I'm aware.

Jut seems a bit weak to me. Anything to save a $

I saw a phantom Black SVZ the other day and from certain angles it's resembles an SV6 (sadly).

At least that badge on the fender clearly distingushed the 'snails' from the 'rabbits'.

rgds

Tom

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the 'ALLOYTEC' badge i'm referring too.

rgds

Tom

Attachments

• DSCF1219.JPG
    DSCF1219.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 270
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
ha thats funny, they must be cutting costs my 89 VN has, 3 interior lights 2 map lights, a glovebox light, boot light and a light in the little arm rest compartment and mine is an executive!!

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
And a shot of the "ALLOYTEC190" badge on the side of my car.

SV6's look well better with the badge than without it.

I reckon these must cost Holden less than $1 each!

cheers

Tom

Attachments

• DSCF0009a.jpg
    DSCF0009a.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 259

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
highendrev said:
and....? Talking about lights not engines mate :)

and what Im saying is is it worth a thread over a light in the glove box when youve got a 6.0ltr v8 , if your driving you dont look if your stopped and need something theres an interior light*3 , I didnt get an alloy foot rest in my VZ SS but I went to my dealer and whinged and they put it in for nix , try the same with the light you may get one