Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Glovebox light in 2006 VZ

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
SLugg said:
and what Im saying is is it worth a thread over a light in the glove box when youve got a 6.0ltr v8 , if your driving you dont look if your stopped and need something theres an interior light*3 , I didnt get an alloy foot rest in my VZ SS but I went to my dealer and whinged and they put it in for nix , try the same with the light you may get one

Sorry mate but I've gotta say you're being a bit arrogant. I think the thread was worth it cos I wanted to know whether it was supposed to have one or not. My question has been answered and it's here for the benefit of others... Isn't this what this websites for??

Good on you for getting your footrest... I'm not gonna go in there and make a c...t of myself.

BTW I've only got 1 interior light and a whinging missus that can't see in the glovebox at night!

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
sure it may cost holden a couple dollars to add it in, but think about the total cost after all the cars, they are probably saving a few 100 thousand dollars by not having it there.
haha lets just all hope they are putting the money back into research for better things in the next models to come.

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
They removed the light in May 2005 and at the same time removed the Chrome AlloTec Logo that sat under the turn light on the front mudguard.:ranting:

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Another shot of the alloytec badge in question.

rgds

Tom

Attachments

• DSCF0510.JPG
    DSCF0510.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 208

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Here's a phantom 05/05 without the alloytec190 badge.

Mine is 04/05 and mine has the badge and a glovebox light.

Looks naked in my opinion.

rgds

Tom/WA

Attachments

• DSCF0606.JPG
    DSCF0606.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 218

junka

MUZZA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equipe VZ
My Equip had no badges, but still had the glovebox light and side door protection mouldings when I brought it in July 05:ranting: Asked the Holden sales rep where the badges are and he said that they are not fitted to cars after 1 July 05:my:

I liked the badges, so I brought them from Holden spares at $25 a pop !
Yep, nothing like the auto industry when it comes to markup, Holden probably gets them for .000something of a cent:mad:

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
SLugg said:
and what Im saying is is it worth a thread over a light in the glove box when youve got a 6.0ltr v8 , if your driving you dont look if your stopped and need something theres an interior light*3 , I didnt get an alloy foot rest in my VZ SS but I went to my dealer and whinged and they put it in for nix , try the same with the light you may get one

yeah it is worth a thread, cos alot of people arent happy about it. If someone wants to start a thread i dont think they need your permission.

jeepers

Reaction score
vp calais: front footwell lights x2, rear footwell lights x2, center console light, glovebox light, red door lights in each door, map lights front x2, rear reading lights x2...all standard. v8 badge....x2 on both fenders. lol hahaha
funny ****

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Badges = look tacky... You know what your car is and so does someone with a keen eye. I have debadged every Commodore I have had (except the bonnet and bootlid lion badges. Have you ever tried to polish in and around those tiny little badges? Car looks cleaner without them.

Removing Parts = The VT - VZ series is quickly coming to an end. They aren't going to reorder vast amounts of small things the majority of the market isn't going to notice for a model that's being discontinued. They probably found a cheaper glovebox light from Botswana or something for the VE but it doesn't fit the VZ. All I'm getting at is there is more to it than PURELY cost cutting.

Also, imagine a day working at the production line...

"Hey Tony, we've run out of glove box lights and the next order isn't coming in until next week"

"**** Bob! Halt production immediately! We can't have cars shipping without a glovebox light!"

This would probably explain the chrome foot rest thing...

lol...

Lemon

stig
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6.0 SS Ute M6
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
"Hey Tony, we've run out of glove box lights and the next order isn't coming in until next week"

"**** Bob! Halt production immediately! We can't have cars shipping without a glovebox light!"

This would probably explain the chrome foot rest thing...

lol...

Ha, That's Gold.

How ever I don't agree with debadging the newer commodores but I can see why you would for anything older than a VY.