Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Grunt When Cold

fred_derf204

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi All,

I have a 94 VR, and when the car is first started in the morning and the Engine Temp Gauage is on 0, I have no power in first gear. I go to 3000 rpm's real quick (without putting my foot down very hard) and about 15kmph. The finally it goes into second gear and I get a little bit more power, but not as much as when the car is warmed up.

To compare, when the engine Temp Gauage is at 1/8 or 1/2, the car performs great. I get quick take off's and the taco does't race to 3000 rpms. The car sounds great and all is sweet.

I have no errors codes on my computer. The car history is a bit unkown as I only bought it about 18 months ago. I have recently replaced the Alternator (8 months) and O2 Sensor (3 weeks).

Any Help/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but keep in mind I don't know a heap about engines.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Your auto transmission may need servicing as this problem can occur with worn cjutches/bands and or a blocked filter in the trans. Also check the trans fluid level and the colour - it should be pink or reddish - brown indicates the trans is pretty worn.
If you have the owners manual it will show how to check the fluid level - it's also on the dipstick. Good Luck.

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
no power

has the vaccum hosse dropped from your map sensor or manifold this will give these symptoms