Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No heater

D

damo

Hey, just wondering if anyone has a idea on why i would have no heater operation? Allso where would i find the diagrams for the controls..

Thanks Guys. :b:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jamos

Could be a few reasons. Have you taken your air con out recently? I had a problem recently where i had taken my air con out to get to my head deck and i must have damaged one of the parts in the air con and it was really annoying me that i had saved the money doing the job myself but then i stuffed up my air con. But my dad came home with a new vacum block for me and i took the old one off and put the new one on and lucky enough it fixed the problem. But air con can be a pain.

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
The water tap is controlled by vacuum. maybe the hose has perished, and not opening the valve. Stick a good piece of hose on it, suck the ting and see if it operates the valve. If th valve doesn't open and shut, i just replaced mine, and it cost me $32 from Repco.
But as jamos said, it could be a lot of things. :(

S

scotty

After installing the cd player in my VS i had no operation of the heater and the ventillation systsem - ie dash vents etc.. Turned out that i had accidently knocked on the vacuum hoses off. It was the black one which connects to a unit in the left hand side of the drivers side footwell. ( if that makes sense ) Anyway its worth a shot..

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Some info

Is the car climate control?

Do you have fan operation?

Do you have vent control operation?

Stick your head under the dash on the drivers side and look to the middle of the dash...see a rod and a little white or black thing with two small hoses on it????

Move the heater controls....Does the bar move?

Does the cam the bar is attached to move?

Pull one of the small line of the white or black switch of, do you get a vacuum (car running)? If not pull the other one of and try it.

If you get a vacuum at the hose reconnect it to the switch and see if you get a vacuum at the switch where the other hose would be connected?

If so move the heater controls and see if the vacuum stops.

If not replace vacuum switch.

If so check that the heater tap (drivers side near inner guard, two or four heater hoses connected) and make sure the little arm moves when you move the heater controls from cold to hot. Also make sure that there is not a zippy tie holding it closed.

If this is OK then let the car cool and pull the hoses off of the heater tap and fluch through the heater core via the hoses going into the firewall. Water Flow???

Failing this you have a bigger problem!!! Get back to us and let us know how you went with the above and I'll do some more thinking!!

Regards Guy.

D

damo

Thanks for the hints guys. Heater tap is operating ok, i have vacuum. The switch on the side of the heater box allso has vacuum and operates. When i feel the heater matrix it gets hot but i have no heat still flowing out the vents. All the directional controls operate ok..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Replace your thermostat.Cheap as chips and will eliminate it as the source either way.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Might be a bit late for the original posters 16 years ago. But if the thermostat is affecting the heater output the temp gauge would show a cold engine.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Ute
Im just a novice but recently had the same problem with my VS.Normal temp reading but replaced the thermostat and bobs your uncle.