Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No horn/steering wheel controls vt Calais

Dr_Mutley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hi all,
My VT series 1 calais had a low speed altercation with a roundabout sometime ago, air bags weren't deployed.
Since I have had several issues, and I'm hoping to glean some ideas about how to rectify them...

Issue 1:
Loss of steering wheel stereo controls, loss of horn, and airbag warning light illuminated
Thoughts?

Issue 2:
AC or fan won't blow out the dash vents, but floor and screen are fine
Is this likely to be an AC actuator issue?

Issue 3:
Outside temp gauge not working (stuck on 22deg)
likely cause?

All issues began at same time, after the roundabout incident... All fuses check out fine....

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Cheers guys, Harry

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
Issue 1 clock spring to be replaced for the horn and steering wheel controls and air bag light To work Again

Issue 2 check vacume lines to the climate control sounds like one of the lines might of come off or dud vacume actuator

Issue 3 out side temp look on the front left of the air con condenser at the bottom and see if the sensor is damage or wiring pulled out take it out and give it a clean if nothing works replace it

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I thought clock spring as well but it is most unusual to have the 3 ribbons in the clock spring go at once.
Also check vacuum hose at the rear of the intake manifold.