Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

no ignition spark

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
After a fiasco involving me stripping the spark plug and snapping a coil its all now back together but now it cranks but no spark. could something have fried? (I did disconnect the battery). It's taken me a month to get the car in one piece (travelling) and now it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.:bang:

Its the VZ by the way

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
how do you know its got no spark?, are you assuming, or have you tested it, each coil runs seperate, so it should fire some

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
well it seems to be firing none, just checked all relevent cb's and relays. no joy

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
well it seems to be firing none, just checked all relevent cb's and relays. no joy

dont want to make you sound bad, but how did you check for spark?

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
sorry for the premature diagnosis. I really haven't checked for spark. What would be the best way?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
is all vacuum hoses, and electrical connectors, all connected? and tripple checked

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
yeah went and done that, all seems well. will check again under daylight. I gave it another run and it seems there is no fuel getting to the engine, i've cranked it for a while to no avail. Would sitting for a month drain all the fuel back to the tank and take ages to prime?

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
I the 'lock' indicator in the binnacle still flashing whilst
you are starting?
Check fuses, relays etc.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
"i havre had the same issue once or twice, the deal with this is lack of fuel, the fuel pick up has no fuel in it, well the computer thinks that anyway and wont allow the engine to spark, i believe it may be something to do with air in the fuel lines. But a splash of fuel $15 or bout 10L will normally get the car to respond and spark, or shorting the relay will make it respond.. "

I copied this from another thread. Could the fact that the car is parked on a slope, (back lower) be stopping the fuel from taking up? there is about half a tank. the lock sign goes away. I got it to sputter a bit so fuel is my guess. Any input would be great.