Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No indicators or hazard switch indicating

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Hey guys here's a good one,
I have a vt commodore i have checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine. It is missing the flasher relay in the cabin so I replaced it with the power windows relay which works and still no indicators. It was also missing the fog or Parker lamp replay I am cant remember under the bonnet and I did the same thing I switched it with a non essential relay that had nothing to do with the indicators and still nothing. So is there a common problem that stops the indicators from working.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Are you sure you are reading what relay is what correctly, you can't just have missing flasher relays....

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
I will have to check the switch, I double checked the missing relay and it definitely does not have a flasher relay also

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Hey guys here's a good one,
I have a vt commodore i have checked all the fuses and they seem to be fine. It is missing the flasher relay in the cabin so I replaced it with the power windows relay which works and still no indicators. It was also missing the fog or Parker lamp replay I am cant remember under the bonnet and I did the same thing I switched it with a non essential relay that had nothing to do with the indicators and still nothing. So is there a common problem that stops the indicators from working.

You can't just replace the flasher relay with a standard 4 pin relay, it wont work. It has to be the relay that makes the indicators work (flash on and off). It has to be the proper 3 pin flasher relay.
There is NO other relay in the indicator/hazard circuit. Just the flasher relay, the Hazard warning fuse and the Turn signal fuse.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
I'm a dumbass :( but thanks for the info I will check the hazard and get the appropriate relays from a wrecker or super cheap if they have them.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
+1 Hazard switch it happened to my VRSS when I had it.

jughead1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
Supercheap sell the correct indicator relay for around $38.

On ebay they are around $27.

Cheers

JG

Sikkinixx

Ford Traitor :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Wagon
You can't just replace the flasher relay with a standard 4 pin relay, it wont work. It has to be the relay that makes the indicators work (flash on and off). It has to be the proper 3 pin flasher relay.
There is NO other relay in the indicator/hazard circuit. Just the flasher relay, the Hazard warning fuse and the Turn signal fuse.
Working on that basis, I have a VZ wagon I've just repaired. My indicators work perfectly, but I have no hazard or lock lights. I've noticed the relay for hazard lights (GMB) is missing and unsure what the relay should look like .Is it just another flasher relay ?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The VZ models have a hazards fuse number F7 (as opposed to the turn signal fuse F12).
Maybe that has blown.
I can't see a hazard relay in the wiring diagram.