Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Insurance.. Accident

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
It is crazy yes, but will be inquiring about it this weekend.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
dont forget to tell them you just had an at fault accident too.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Have a :drink: with ya mate for repairing the car, have a whinge about the other tosser:shooting: and then move on mate! i know some things in the word just give you the shits but that's life! better to just suck it up and move on than waste time on a pointless pursuit and waste more energy/life!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
My understanding was that unless a law was broken, the person who makes the impact is at fault regardless. I heard this after someone I know got hit by someone who had to be going through a red-light, but there were no witnesses or cameras to prove his story. The cop said as he made the impact he is at fault, because your suppose to be able to avoid an accident.
Driving without insurance is just stupid, I hope you's both fight it and end up with big court costs for the both of yous. If you hit my car uninsured I would be ****ing outraged to say the least.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yo both dont have insurance, fudge.. if u had insureance u might of had a better chance.. i dont know how u can drive around without it thats crazy..
I made that mistake... cost me $8,800 to repair someone elses car. I got taught a pretty harsh lesson that night and I sure as **** won't be doing it again.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If the truck pulled out in front of you and you had not gone through a Stop sign, Give-Way sign or a red light then he is at fault. If he could prove that you were driving without due care or worse still manner dangerous (which I doubt he could) then he might be able to prove that you contributed to the collision. However if he failed to give way or give way to his right then he is at fault. Gather together receipts for repairs to your car then go the the Small Claims Court (probably in with your local Magistrate's Court) and issue a claim against him. If he doesn't attend court and defend it judgement will be in your favour including costs. Don't let him bluff you out of taking action or recovering costs.

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
its a bit of a sad day 4 vn ss's some1 just ran up the ass of my car 2day. Only a bit of paint off and some of the stripes missing but still. I got out of my car so angry and saw she was up set and all my anger just left, I felt sorry 4 her. But thats wat happens wen u dont pay attention in the rain.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Well, there's not much you could've done now, but for future refence if you hit someone in the rear and it's their fault for pulling out you MUST call the police to the scene. They can then assess how the collision happened and as long as you weren't being a total **** they'll push blame to the other driver, then if you have insurance you can let your insurance company know that police attended and investigated finding other driver at fault for not Giving way. In which case most of the time they get a fine too. If you have no insurance your still right then.

As for your speed guestimation, there is a little leway with speed due to speedos being out sometime. So if your estimation of 85 was because your speedo was reading 82 that's still ok. Your real speed may have been 82, which is still ok. A police member in vic will not usually fine someone for 2km/h over.

The police will not attend a minor fender bender with no injuries to anybody.**** there was a 3 car pile up at the intersection at Garden drive yesterday and a cop car drove past without even stopping even though the girl involved was staring at them with holding her neck in pain.
Only once have i seen police attend a minor accident when the guy that hit the back of my dads ute would not give his details.Details were quickly given then.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
The police will not attend a minor fender bender with no injuries to anybody.**** there was a 3 car pile up at the intersection at Garden drive yesterday and a cop car drove past without even stopping even though the girl involved was staring at them with holding her neck in pain.
Only once have i seen police attend a minor accident when the guy that hit the back of my dads ute would not give his details.Details were quickly given then.
The police are public servants. In other words, you call them, as long as there's a free officer they come. All you tell them is there's been a collision, dont tell them the severity. Say your in shock too and you want the police there to sort everything out. Or follow what is written in the next paragraph.

They attended my collision (my car was a write off) and other car just had a bent in front end. All that had to be said was, we arn't moving the vehicles until the police arrive. Mind you, i had no choice in moving my vehicle or not, without external help it was going no where.

I have seen plenty of police down here in vic investigating small collisions.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
The police are public servants. In other words, you call them, as long as there's a free officer they come. All you tell them is there's been a collision, dont tell them the severity. Say your in shock too and you want the police there to sort everything out. Or follow what is written in the next paragraph.

They attended my collision (my car was a write off) and other car just had a bent in front end. All that had to be said was, we arn't moving the vehicles until the police arrive. Mind you, i had no choice in moving my vehicle or not, without external help it was going no where.

I have seen plenty of police down here in vic investigating small collisions.

So you are saying to withhold info to the police(im sure they will ask many questions about the accident),then you are saying i should lie also?Im sure your father wouldn't like this type of advice coming from you.