Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Insurance.. Accident

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Well on my home I was driving along dandy frankston road, I noticed a furniture van in the middle intersection the bloody idiot pulled out in front of me I was going atleast 80-85k's I slammed on my brakes, he just snucked passed and I hit his toe ball screwing my front bar.. Now he thinks I was in the wrong? this is what set me off, saying I was speeding and I wouldnt of hit him if I was going slower but I probably was doing 5k's over.

Now he doesnt have insurance and neither do I, I took down all his details and said his not giving me a cent as he is taking it further. If this refugee new his road rules I wouldnt be in this situation.

SO my question is were do I stand? I know 100% he was in the wrong but he doesnt want to pay up.

EDIT: spelling mistake in title, can mod please fix!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Even if he is in the wrong and has no insurance - not much you can do without costing you much more in the long run. If he has no money and you win a court case - he pays $1.00 per week......

Front bar is cheap. Write him a letter saying he is being taken to court unless he fixes the car - tell him the cost of a replacement bar - and hope.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well on my home I was driving along dandy frankston road, I noticed a furniture van in the middle intersection the bloody idiot pulled out in front of me I was going atleast 80-85k's I slammed on my brakes, he just snucked passed and I hit his toe ball screwing my front bar.. Now he thinks I was in the wrong? this is what set me off, saying I was speeding and I wouldnt of hit him if I was going slower but I probably was doing 5k's over.

Now he doesnt have insurance and neither do I, I took down all his details and said his not giving me a cent as he is taking it further. If this refugee new his road rules I wouldnt be in this situation.

SO my question is were do I stand? I know 100% he was in the wrong but he doesnt want to pay up.

You are the one in the wrong, just hope he doesn't know about this forum, as you admitting doing 5km/h over is all he needs to win.

Why didn't you just slow up? Seriously if for some stupid reason I had to drive without insurance, I'd be driving like every car around me was a bugatti Veyron.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I was about 15-20 meteres from were he pulled out, would you pull out in front of someone doing 80-85k's?

Of course I would slow down if I thought he was going to pull out, but a half normal person wouldnt. And im not exactly 100% on speed I was doing hence I said inbetween 80-85k's but I was defntley around the speed limit.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
your 100% in the wrong for hitting his rear
thats what the insurance company's would tell you if ya had it anyways
any car that hits another car in the rear is in the wrong doesn't matter even if someone pulls out in front of you
its a dumb law but thats how it is
fix ya car move on

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
Noy;1128168 I probably was doing 5k's over.[/QUOTE said:
that has just killed your claim of him being at fault. You are now the one at fault

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I was about 15-20 meteres from were he pulled out, would you pull out in front of someone doing 80-85k's?

Of course I would slow down if I thought he was going to pull out, but a half normal person wouldnt. And im not exactly 100% on speed I was doing hence I said inbetween 80-85k's but I was defntley around the speed limit.

I said in this post I said that as an estimate, I was defntley doing the speed limit or around that.

Car is being repaired at the moment at my mates panel shop, though I will still try to get my money. One good thing to come out of this is my mate is been generous and painting my guards,bonnet and front bar

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
80k's !!!!!!!!!!