Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Insurance.. Accident

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Sorry Noy, there's no sympathy for you here. You drive an SS, admittedly an old one, you have no insurance and you appear not to drive with all due caution. Sure, the other bloke may have done something stupid in front of you, but when you have NO insurance, you need to drive like Minux says and treat every other driver as a moron.

I'd say you got out of this one very cheaply.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Usually you'll be found to be in the wrong if you hit someone in the rear, however IIRC you're not allowed to change lanes in an intersection.

That said, admitting you were speeding was a bloody stupid thing to do...

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hate to say it but even though he pulled out when he shouldnt have you hit him so you will be classed as at fault, i got done like this too, its stupid

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Well, there's not much you could've done now, but for future refence if you hit someone in the rear and it's their fault for pulling out you MUST call the police to the scene. They can then assess how the collision happened and as long as you weren't being a total **** they'll push blame to the other driver, then if you have insurance you can let your insurance company know that police attended and investigated finding other driver at fault for not Giving way. In which case most of the time they get a fine too. If you have no insurance your still right then.

As for your speed guestimation, there is a little leway with speed due to speedos being out sometime. So if your estimation of 85 was because your speedo was reading 82 that's still ok. Your real speed may have been 82, which is still ok. A police member in vic will not usually fine someone for 2km/h over.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Even though he pulled out in front of u, u hit him in the rear & that makes u a fault.
Admitting u where speeding is even worse.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Didnt want no sympathy calaber, was simply asking where I stood. I will be taking it further if the law says im in the "wrong" if it doesnt work out owell it cost me a slab.

Cheers people

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Cut your losses and move on. Taking it further could potentially leave you worse off financially because 9 times out of 10 an insurance company would say you were in the wrong, yes its stupid that an idiot can pull out and be in the right but you hit his rear and that is extremely hard to fight.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Cut your losses and move on. Taking it further could potentially leave you worse off financially because 9 times out of 10 an insurance company would say you were in the wrong, yes its stupid that an idiot can pull out and be in the right but you hit his rear and that is extremely hard to fight.

+1. And if no witnesses, and it becomes you versus him, evidence is against you. Leave it alone and move on.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
yo both dont have insurance, fudge.. if u had insureance u might of had a better chance.. i dont know how u can drive around without it thats crazy..