Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No key

Dan callanan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
How do I bypass the BCM so I can start my car with no key as I bought it without one on a VZ Commodore

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
with no key you will not be able to , and without proof of ownership I doubt any locksmith will go near it either .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And I seriously doubt it'd be posted on the interweb if it was possible, for fear of the wrong type of person finding out and "borrowing" VZ Commodores of unsuspecting owners

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
And I seriously doubt it'd be posted on the interweb if it was possible, for fear of the wrong type of person finding out and "borrowing" VZ Commodores of unsuspecting owners

I was thinking along the lines of the same , why would you buy a car with no key ,I still have my coppers instinct , and it sounds a bit dodgy .

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
How do I bypass the BCM so I can start my car with no key as I bought it without one on a VZ Commodore

Go to a dealer with your VIN and rego papers/proof of ownership and have them code a replacement head and for you, they will supply a new key blank and the code for a locksmith to cut. As long as the BCM hasn't been changed since it was built, the data is all there on the build sheet to do it.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

Don't even try and do that. As it is, the car is undriveable without a valid, recognised key (the car knows when a matched, correctly coded key is inserted and which will given the "handshake" to the entire system, not just the BCM, to "OK" and start the engine).

The big question is why you bought a VZ Commodore with no key. Have you ascertained, thoroughly, that the car is not stolen?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
O/P with first post has not bothered to come back. Mmmmmmmmm.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
One and only post and hasn't been seen since three mins after asking the question, hmmmmm

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Go to a dealer with your VIN and rego papers/proof of ownership and have them code a replacement head and for you, they will supply a new key blank and the code for a locksmith to cut. As long as the BCM hasn't been changed since it was built, the data is all there on the build sheet to do it.

Seems like the most logical thing to do to me....