Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No memory

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
My pioneer headunit has no memory with the radio stations, resets my audio settings and starts at the start of the CD when i turn it back on. This happens if I turn off the car for about 10 seconds. Any help, or somewhere where somebody would know?

Jase

U

Ute God

yeah means that the constant power isnt connected....if it was then it has come lose. it needs a constant power supply to retain the settings, stations, disc names etc....so if you were to disconnect the battery then reconnect it you would lose all the settings...kinda get what i mean....hope this helps....from memery its either yellow or brown i think...i think yellow is illumination though

dsvtss

Reaction score
Have to agree, sounds like the constant power to the head unit is hooked up. With any luck you should till have the tag on the wires. I'm pretty sure it's the brown one too.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Most headunits will have two different power leads.
One is acc power and the other is constant power. Make sure they are both connected to the right wires.
Sounds like you may have them both hooked up to Acc power.

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
All fixed, thanks guys, i was gonna take it to a place, The wires were around the wrong way, a simple swap was all that was needed.

Problem Solved

Jase

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i had the same problem in my old chunka-crap bluebird. best part about it was that the first time i wired it up (i hardly knew what i was doing and it was a cheap nasty deck cos it was my first car) you had to put the headlights on to use the stereo! haha! but that was soon sorted out

U

Ute God

haha you must have wired the power through the light dimmer...hahaha that would have been funny

U

Ute God

and hows that, my first car was a nissan datsun 1983 bluebird, that i bought for $50 then i stuck $700 worth of stereo in it.....word to the wise, I know that when people get a car the fist thing they do is stick a missive stereo in, but remember the first thing to get out dated is the stereo so dont spend to much, spend money on items that last and stand out, eg- rims, bodykit, engine mods